Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Hello all!
My wife and I just closed on our house in Boca Raton and are now first time pool owners!
The pool is a plaster 15x30 rectangle shape that is 6'5" or so at the deepest point near the drain, so we're estimating about 15-16,000 gallons of water.
Existing gear:
- Pentair SuperFlo pump. Can't tell if single speed or variable...
- Pentair Clean & Clear cartridge filter
- Blue Essence SWG
Just added:
- GulfStream HE125-RA Heat Pump
- IntelliBrite 5G pool light (best wedding present ever!)
Next on the list:
- Zodiac Barracuda automatic vacuum (have not installed yet)
- Some kind of power washer to clean the pool deck!
- Back-up salt cell for the Blue Essence (from what I read a Hayward T-series? Need to research more...) to make sure I have a spare for when this one dies.

Any other pieces of gear you can't live without?
Might want to do my own maintenance depending on the performance of the current pool guy. Judging from the fact he's left the old filter, pump motor, and salt cell along with other trash in a pile instead of throwing it away I'm skeptical about keeping him.

IMG_7420.jpg
IMG_1757.jpg

Reactions: Newdude
For the TF test kit: Do you think the TF-Pro is worth the extra $?
You want a SmartStir regardless so the TF100 with Smartstir is $118. The TFPro ($140) has a nice case with all the reagents held standing up. I have one, makes testing really easy as the Smartstir can be left in the case while you test.

As you have a SWCG, you really should get the TFPro Salt. You need a salt test kit.

Reactions: the_flynn
You want a SmartStir regardless so the TF100 with Smartstir is $118. The TFPro ($140) has a nice case with all the reagents held standing up. I have one, makes testing really easy as the Smartstir can be left in the case while you test.

As you have a SWCG, you really should get the TFPro Salt. You need a salt test kit.
Thanks! I was wondering about the salt test. I've been reading through the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry as well as other Pool School articles, and I think it'll all come together once I get the right test kit.

As an update:
Just pulled the trigger on the TF-Pro Salt kit. I didn't get any of the add-ons but couldn't make heads or tails of what was different between the Salt kit and the regular TF-Pro.
I'm sure it'll make a lot more sense once I receive it and start using it!