New house and pool finally done! (San Antonio area)

Ankrumfishing

Apr 7, 2020
Hondo, TX
Hey everyone,

My wife and I have been in the process of having a new home and pool built and have finally completed! We're located just outside of San Antonio, TX, so climate can be pretty nasty.

As for the pool, I found a design I liked and contracted everyone out ourselves. Each contractor we found gave us a good contact for the next contractor in line, and we couldn't be happier. We went with a small 12k gallon pool/spa combo with a spillover. I'm also a huge fan of salt systems, so went with an IC20 SCG and all Pentair products (Easytouch 8, Mastertemp 400, Whisperflo 2 HP, Silencer Jet Blower, 48 CU FT DE Filter). When I spec'd out all of the equipment I wanted the intelliflo pump, but the plumber who gathered it all got me the single speed Whisperflo to keep us in budget. Not the end of the world and still works great. When it eventually fails, I'll get the variable speed pump :).

I already had quite a bit of pool knowledge coming in, and have in depth knowledge of panel and pump operation so I'm our pool guy and hooked up all of the controls. Not to mention, hardly anybody in SA wants to sell saltwater systems and only talks about the disasters they cause (all false of course, they just want to sell chemicals). I'll try to get my logs posted over here, but I use Pool Calculator so I'll try to figure out how to manually input that info into my logs. They're really limited obviously since it's a new pool.

Anyways, I got it all filled and went against the grain by placing all of the salt bags on the steps cut open, then when I balanced the pool with everything running I turned on the SCG @ 100% output until FC levels were where I needed to be. Only took 24 hrs runtime with my small pool, and I was already pushing 4 ppm. I slowly controlled the output decline of the SCG so I didn't overly overshoot. I haven't looked back, and levels have all lined out beautifully. Everything says to hit it with LC prior to running the SCG, but that's just a wasted cost along the way. I actually learned this from a PB who did all of the work at my parents' build a few years ago.

Anyways, just wanted to introduce myself to you all and look forward to spending some time in this forum because there is a lot of really great information and knowledgeable people in here!

Attachments

• 20200229_122621.jpg
    20200229_122621.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200329_075630.jpg
    20200329_075630.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20200331_122605.jpg
    20200331_122605.jpg
    913.9 KB · Views: 13