New hot tub

Bobbie63

Dec 28, 2020
Georgetown Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
We are getting our new hot tub delivered this week and it's coming with the frog @ease system for free. Is that worth it to do for the first three months or so and change to the recommended maintenance listed on this thread on the subsequent fills??

I've got the pool levels dialed in and have the necessary test kit. I've owned a hot tub before but only did the inline systems

Thanks!

That’s really up to u. I would still aim to maintain the levels presented in the FC/CYA Levels to ensure adequate sanitation, supplement with liquid chlorine to handle bather waste & for residual fc after cya reaches 30 ppm. Their jumpstart product is just a very weak & expensive dichlor packet. Lots of folks come here after just 2 weeks w/ that system looking for help with their cloudy, rashy issues due to not maintaining proper fc levels because their packaging says that you don’t have to which is a recipe for disaster.
So I would just follow the sticky guide @ the top of this forum letting whatever the cartridge supplies be an “extra” type thing
You may find even the “free” cartridge to be more trouble than it’s worth.
& be sure to do an initial purge w/ ahhsome
As even new tubs often contain biofilms left behind in the pipes from factory testing.

Reactions: RDspaguy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.