indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
I recently purchased my first hot tub, and I have questions....lol.

My pool is salt water, and I only typically have to deal with Alkalinity and PH...and I think I obsess over those too much, but now the hot tub is providing a whole new set of obsessions.

I use chlorinating granules (the typical blue stuff), and ph decreaser. My TA is always through the roof, and I can bring it down with the acid, but it goes back up quickly, and the chlorine goes away very quickly. I mean it's every couple of days. Also, I filled with soft water, and it says there is low calcium. Am I out of whack badly? Shouldn't there be a more stable range

Did you purge the tub before use? If the water is really out of whack, buy some Ah-Some, purge the tub then drain and refill.
You would be surprised how much Crud is in the pipes after the factory test (the factory uses recycled water). There is still water in the system and biofilm grows in shipping.

By purge is meant fill with water and you'd add Ah-Some let pump through for some time and see the crud floating at the water line. Now you know the lines are clean. Drain and wipe off the water line then refill to rinse ,let run then a final drain, wipe the water line again and give it the final fill. I think this is the process but not sure as I don't have a hot tub. If I'm off with it someone will chime in.

By purge is meant fill with water and you'd add Ah-Some let pump through for some time and see the crud floating at the water line. Now you know the lines are clean. Drain and wipe off the water line then refill to rinse ,let run then a final drain, wipe the water line again and give it the final fill. I think this is the process but not sure as I don't have a hot tub. If I'm off with it someone will chime in.
Thanks. I researched after I posted. I know should do that before I post, but the information is definitely appreciated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.