New Hot Tub: Filtration Cycle Settings

Mar 14, 2018
East Northport, NY
Hi all,

We just got our hot tub set up a couple days ago and I think I'm in pretty good shape in terms of water balance thanks to this amazing forum!

My question is this: the hot tub has default settings to cycle twice per day (8am and 8pm, I believe) for 2 hours each. Just wanted to find out whether this is generally a good default or whether it is overkill/using excess energy? We live on Long Island and are having an unusually cold winter (of course lol).

Current/initial usage is probably a soak with the family (2 adults and 2 kids) a few times per week.

Thanks!

The good old fashioned trial and error method will be best.

having a grip on your chemistry is the first step and you’re sitting pretty there. After that, if the tub looses its sparkle, said chemistry will let you know if it’s a chemistry problem or a filtering one. If the chemistry is where it needs to be, add 2 hours of filter time and go from there

Reactions: A.O.
So my tub also has it so you can set filter cycles (2) when you want to, I run my cycles right before my "normal" times I use the tub, in doing so I know my tub is up and ready at the exact temperature I have it set to (104) ,right now they are 2 hr cycles. I have one set at 4-6 pm and the other at 5-7 am. My tub also has a cleanup cycle that turns on 1 hour after use to well, clean up. I can set in in 1/2 hr increments and right now I have it set for one hour.
We use our tub normally twice a day 1-2 people.

Last edited:
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.