New home. New in ground pool. Many questions.

And he is off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PIctures??

Kim:kim:

qptLKZG.jpg

vnHrhmt.jpg

TWiI66J.jpg

Not the best but a lot better than how it was starting to look when I started (Main drain finally visible!)-

ZjnCAPJ.jpg

Thanks immensely for all the help. So as a follow up, after the SLAM is completed, all I really need to do is just add a gallon of liquid bleach as needed and maintain ph? I have a feeling the pool will always get more basic overtime so the muriatic acid may be the only thing I need to have on hand for now.

So past the SLAM, what steps do I need to take to get my water as clear as that last photo? Are clarifiers a big nono?

Rain today so cant do much of anything.
Ideally it will look like that at the end of the SLAM. Otherwise it's just maintaining the chemical balance, brushing, vacuuming, filtering. I've never put anything into my pool but bleach, acid, and trichlor pucks while on vacation. No clarifiers or flocculants or miracle snake oils of any type. Never had my Phosphates tested. I can stand on the deck and look down at the main drain and tell that the screws are Phillips heads. There's no secret to it at all.

Just did another FC/CC test. FC is at 8.5 and CC for the second day is at 0. Water is as clear as I've seen it with fine sediment pretty easy to see at the bottom. pressure on the sand filter has crept up another 4 or 5 PSI so I may do another backwash cycle. I've done about 4 so far since adding a good bit of DE during the SLAM.

Money can you please fill in your siggy info please? Pretty please? :angel:

Go to settings (upper right of this page), edit signature (middle left). Put in your pool kind, what it is made of, size in gals., kind of filter and pump info. Oh and don't forget to put in what test kit you are using. THANKS!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Money can you please fill in your siggy info please? Pretty please? :angel:

Go to settings (upper right of this page), edit signature (middle left). Put in your pool kind, what it is made of, size in gals., kind of filter and pump info. Oh and don't forget to put in what test kit you are using. THANKS!

Working on the sig. Ill go down there and get some more accurate info. Not sure the pool is going to get much clearer than this:

moD8AZh.jpg

Vacuum head viewable clear to the bottom next to drain.

TiKpiQQ.jpg

Main drain viewable from top deck. (Home is a split level)

Thanks again for all the help guys! Am I looking at roughly a gallon of bleach a day to maintain proper chlorine levels? I'm going to try and avoid using pucks at all unless I go somewhere.

Thanks again for all the help guys! Am I looking at roughly a gallon of bleach a day to maintain proper chlorine levels? I'm going to try and avoid using pucks at all unless I go somewhere.
I'd guess maybe a little less than that. It all depends on sunlight, CYA level, amount of swimmers, amount of blown-in dust. Anywhere from 2-4 ppm/day is normal. You'll figure it out quick enough with daily testing. By Fourth of July your daily pool care will be about as mindless and time consuming as brushing your teeth before bed.

Next up it is the Sparklicious look-------it will look like a jewel in the sunlight and you will have to wear sun glasses to look at it :cool:

THEN one day you will look out your window and panic because you will swear there is NO water in your pool only to run out there and see is was just that clear and calm :roll: yeah that was me LOL

:hug: you have done a good job!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.