Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hello!

A few minutes ago I removed my Hayward Goldline Turbocell T15 and replaced it with one I bought online (new in box)
This is my system:

The check light is on:
The following errors are seen:
Pool temp Error (I think I do not have a thermister since the filter was replaced by my pool guy)
Air temp is fine
chlorinator 70%
salt level 2900
Heater off (don't have one)
"check system wtr sensor open"
25 V 6.2 Amp
75 F 3300 ppm

The chlorinator sometimes says its off

Here are my questions
Is the check light on because I do not have a 10K thermister hooked up and I imagine that is causing the pool temp error
Why are my salt levels both 2900 and 3300?
Why does the chlorinator read off sometimes?

Thank you

Bill in Florida

Last edited:
25 V 6.2 Amp

Those volt and amps show the cell is generating fine.
Is the check light on because I do not have a 10K thermister hooked up and I imagine that is causing the pool temp error

Yes.

Why are my salt levels both 2900 and 3300?

One is instant salinity other is average salinity. Or you are looking at salinity for the two polarities.

Explain when you see two different values?

Why does the chlorinator read off sometimes?

Need diagnostic data and all lights when the chlorinator reads off.

also this is not a good picture but does anyone know what this is? It runs into the control box and was lying on ground.
I don't think its a flow switch and doesn't look like typical temperature control thing. I thing I see the "chlorinator off" when I go into diagnostics and then hit the > key. But when I hit the + key then I get a reading. When I am in the default menu it reads the salt level and I do not see any "chlorinator off" messages. I guess I should add a thermister and see what happens next.

Attachments

• IMG_3220.jpg
    IMG_3220.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Would love to hide my ingnorance but what is a SWCG?

Ok OK I will edit this: its a salt water cell something, funny it did not look like my last one

This weekend I am going to add back the temperature sensor to my system.
Right now between the filter out and pump inlet I have a flow switch.
Does it matter at all interms of blocking flow if I put the temp sensor upstream or downstream to the flow switch?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.