New Hayward turbo flo II "humming"

Steve1975

Jun 20, 2022
Canada
Hello to all, just replace my old pool pump with a new SP57152 Hayward Turbo Flo II.

Worked great for 3 weeks, yesterday stop the pump to clean filters, and it wouldn't start again and was humming. Was able to start it again by releasing the "V switch" and turning the motor switch. But, after shutting down the pump again, it does it again. The entire unit is brand new, tried two different electricity outlet, still does it.

Works great until I stop the pump, I contacted Hayward via email, but if I can fix it here, I will save time and worries.

Thanks,

Steve

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Can you post a pic of the pump and motor itself? Curious to see if it's a motor with or without start/run capacitors. But at only 3 weeks old, it would seem like a warranty replacement - IF you can get someone to reply. :brickwall:
Picture #1 (opened pump, missing V switch) is the old pump, but the new one is almost the same, except the exterior.
Picture #2 (pump in operation) new pump, but I didn't take any pictures of the inside, but it's the exact same as the old one.

Attachments

• IMG_3415.JPG
    IMG_3415.JPG
    534.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3418.JPG
    IMG_3418.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 6
I'm not sure I understand, I have check all power outlet wires, tried to connect directly to my house, still same problem. The unit is brand new.
If you have the proper voltage AT THE MOTOR, not just at the outlet, it sounds like a bad motor, perhaps the start windings have failed. You need to check it with a multimeter (voltage meter). It happens to new sometimes.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I didn't take any picture, as it was almost the same as the old one. I will try today to remove the plastic casing and take a picture. It is facing the wall of my backyard shed, not much space to work.
Sorry about the pictures quality, iPhone and close objets are not good. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• IMG_3510.JPG
    IMG_3510.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3511.JPG
    IMG_3511.JPG
    253.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3513.JPG
    IMG_3513.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 5
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.