New Hayward AquaRite S3 Omni installed - Low salt mode??

eop-pool

Jul 9, 2022
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
New pool owner here. Pool guys installed the new 2022 Hayward AquaRite S3 Omni for 40,000 gal on my new 16,000 in-ground pool. They told me I only need 1600ppm salt for this new system as it has a low salt mode. I am currently at that range in my pool and have been having issues with not enough FC in the pool. It has now gotten to the point where I am doing the SLAM method to start over. I know the pool guy said he set the SWG to "low salt mode" and that 30% should be a good setting for the SWG. Does the SWG make the same amount of chlorine in this mode as regular mode? I can't find anything in the manual other than how to enable it. Anyone have this installed yet?

Turn off low salt mode and raise your salt to 3,000 ppm and get the cell generating the rated amount of chlorine.

In low salt mode the cell output is significantly reduced.

The low salt mode is primarily for the Canadian market. Certain communities in the Ontario area have passed low salt requirements for discharge into the sewer system. Toronto being one.

Turn off low salt mode and raise your salt to 3,000 ppm and get the cell generating the rated amount of chlorine.

In low salt mode the cell output is significantly reduced.

The low salt mode is primarily for the Canadian market. Certain communities in the Ontario area have passed low salt requirements for discharge into the sewer system. Toronto being one.

Thanks, I will see If I can do it myself on the main touchscreen. Are you sure this isn't some new feature for the US market? The pool guy has been doing this for 20 years and was pretty excited to sell me this as one of the first customers who can use half the salt as everyone else and get the same output? I just checked my amps on my phone and at 100% it is at 3.85A. multiply this by .18 gets me only .693. It is rated at 1.47, so this confirms your statement. Basically at 100%, the SWG cell life is degrading just as fast as standard salt mode and only producing half the amount of chlorine???

You mentioned your SWG is at 30%.
Have you tried bumping it to 60% for example? If it’s in low sat mode and generating 1/2 the Chlorine may just need cranking up?

Also what is your CYA and FC normally.

You mentioned your SWG is at 30%.
Have you tried bumping it to 60% for example? If it’s in low sat mode and generating 1/2 the Chlorine may just need cranking up?

Also what is your CYA and FC normally.
Yes, I played around with the percentages but I still don’t think it was keeping up. My CYA was at 50 and FC at 3 but then the last week both went to zero and water turned green, I am currently slamming.
My Hayward 40,000 gal cell runs at over 6A with a salt level of 2800 ppm. Running it for 9 hrs a day at around 80%, having no trouble making enough cl for my pool.

Randy
Randy, thanks, I turned off low salt mode in the Omni controller and put it back to standard. My amps went from 4 to 7ish and I put more salt in to get to around 2800. I was at 1800. Is there a benefit in running it at 80% for 9 hours a day vs just running it at say 35% 24/7?

Is there a benefit in running it at 80% for 9 hours a day vs just running it at say 35% 24/7?

Makes no difference to the SWG or the pool.

People have different opinions on how they want to run their pool pump. Sometimes due to local electrical rates,

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
New pool owner here. Pool guys installed the new 2022 Hayward AquaRite S3 Omni for 40,000 gal on my new 16,000 in-ground pool. They told me I only need 1600ppm salt for this new system as it has a low salt mode. I am currently at that range in my pool and have been having issues with not enough FC in the pool. It has now gotten to the point where I am doing the SLAM method to start over. I know the pool guy said he set the SWG to "low salt mode" and that 30% should be a good setting for the SWG. Does the SWG make the same amount of chlorine in this mode as regular mode? I can't find anything in the manual other than how to enable it. Anyone have this installed yet?

He so if you don’t mind me asking. How do you like the S3 system. I live in Arizona and no where seems to be able to find me a S340 Omni system. And any pool person I talk to is always like what Hayward has a new system. It hurts my head.

He so if you don’t mind me asking. How do you like the S3 system. I live in Arizona and no where seems to be able to find me a S340 Omni system. And any pool person I talk to is always like what Hayward has a new system. It hurts my head.
I really like mine so far

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.