May 9, 2018
DALLAS TEXAS
Hello...
Was encouraged to join this site by my loving wife who wishes me to become the "pool" guru.... I have A LOT to learn and am looking forward to positive, constructive feedback. Admittedly, i'll probably ask some ridiculous questions. However, I will always do a "search" prior to inquiring as not to regurgitate what other members are asking over and over.

I'll shoot a couple of pics of the pool in its current condition. My wife and I are having it totally redone in 2 weeks. Looking forward to learning...

OCD:cool:

Well hello there! Glad to see you found us!

I can't wait to see what we you are dealing with.

So what is your first question??? I know the answer--------------a good test kit! OH wait your first question was not how to take care of your new pool when it gets done??? LOL Well it should be because that IS the best thing you can do for your pool.

Kim:kim:

Hey OCD,

I will take "What should I do First?" for $300 @kimkats

OCD, you are gonna love it here! And it sounds like you and I may have married sisters lol. Well you are in the right place, you will be a Guru in no time flat.

Can't wait to see the pics!

A little background. My wife and I purchased this home 13 mo ago knowing that we needed to throw some money at it. It is in a very desirable part of Dallas. The pool did not look like this when we bought it. I am a novice but it isn't horrible... I have learned from google and my wife as she is a "googler" and in the know on everything. The pool was built in 1983 (Blue Haven Pools) there were two HUGE Crepe Myrtles that we cut down. We also added the privacy fence and are in the process of landscaping.. We have found "the guy" to bring our pool and deck back to life.. We have decided on Stonescapes ( either Tropics or Aqua) we have to decide this week. Also repairing and resurfacing deck.. Little darker ( Kalua) .. Along with tile (6in).. Also re doing coping.. Guess I could keep you posted here... Stay tuned.
m8dsOP.jpg

jURDc4.jpg

Y3tJQD.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Ahhh yes, and an LED light ( changes colors) ;)

Thanks for the kind words... Being totally transparent. Here are pics taken just now. this is why we are re doing... Its been at least 20 yrs since this pool has been
touched.
eKjucJ.jpg

bWedK7.jpg

ptNKSw.jpg

AqSuId.jpg

QNiLeC.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously needs a good brushing.... My pool guy told me no more chem's prior to his renovation.... ;)

- - - Updated - - -

They begin one week from Monday... Will take pics as it is being renovated and will share with the group. Hope to learn and assist others. Hey, that's what we a re here for yes?

- - - Updated - - -

08 C6Z06...

SO what is wrong with it now? It sure looks good in those pics! Glad you found "the guy" to fix what you want fixed.

Kim:kim: (nice vette peeking out there. Ours is a Laguna Blue 2016 vert)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, to be clear, the pool is 40 yrs old... I didn't accept anything because "as I said" it was that way last year when we purchased the home. Hence our re doing entire
pool. Tile
choices are Fujiwa Patina-8 (Tropical Breeze) and Noble Amalthea. There is one more in the running, NPT cobalt Blue Aztec... The floor will be Stonescapes mini
pebble
"Aqua Blue" the decking will be a Kalua Crème coloring.
We are also raising the spa as to create an overflow... Finally to wrap things up we are replacing light with Pentar LED type light.

It will be night and day once complete. Not positive but we think the pool is roughly 37,500 gallons....

Are those cracks in the bottom of the pool?

Yeah it is time for new. Me? I would not have accepted the blue tile like that. Very amateur and sloppy.

What are you doing to use for tile?

Kim:kim:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.