Jun 20, 2018
Cave Creek, Arizona
Ok, here are my fill water test results:

FC 0
Ph. 8.2
TA. 170
CH. 325
CYA. Couldn’t make the black dot disappear

I’m not sure I want the PB to put chemicals in it...what’s my best course of action?

PB has me brushing every 30 minutes, which brings another question: my drain is the type that connects to the skimmer - what’s the best method to get the plaster dust out of the pool?

Thanks in advance - great site

Can I assume it was filled today?

When has the pool builder said you can add chlorine?

Just keep running the pump/filter. it will eventually get the dust out. Skimmer socks may help filter some of it out.

Pool builder hasn’t said anything about adding chlorine. It is in the process of filling. They are supposed to be here Monday (2 days plus from now). Obviously I can’t run the filter until it is full. So the suspended plaster dust will get sucked through the skimmer? Some of it seems pretty heavy & sits on the bottom by the drain...

If your filling with city water it probably has some chlorine in it already. Since you have the TF-100 test kit have you tested your tap water yet?

This will give you a reference for what the pool will need eventually.

Has he told you how he plans to startup the pool? Did you read pool school? This part is on plaster startups.

https://www.troublefreepool.com/content/154-start-up-new-pool-plaster

I read pool school. I posted my fill water test results. I’m just looking for some guidance.

Understood. But there are 3 methods of startup. Which is your PB going to use?

If if he doesn’t have a plan I guess you can pick one. In our pool last year we let it fill took 1 1/2 days. The PB came back a day later and did the traditional startup for the most part. I had to borrow a vacuum from him to Help get the dust out. He started the equipment and used a few pucks (which is fine since the pool had 0 cya). After 2 days I took over. Dosing with Liquid chlorine and getting ready to balance starting with the cya.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.