new guy, d.e. filter cleaned, complete new fill.

HTXp00l

Apr 28, 2020
Houston Texas
Well Pool got out of hand and I decided to drain and clean. Also cleaned the d.e. filter. Finally got it filled abt 2 hours ago and charged the filter with d.e.. tested the water with Taylor k-2006. Test results are as follow:
FC: 1ppm
PH: 8
TA: 225
CH: 50
CYA:0
I've added suggested pool math additions
1 gallon 1cup muriatic acid
92oz of 10% home depot chlorine
4 gallons of liquid conditioner to get to 40 cya
Just trynna make sure I'm doing this right. Sry for the long post. Thanks in advance for any advice and/or suggestions.

Howdy HTX :handwave: Good start to the pool water! Sounds like you've got a grasp on the important stuff.

Take your Calcium up to about 300. Your plaster wall requires that so that the water won't leech calcium out of the plaster and weaken it.

Keep your FC balanced against you CYA. See this --> FC/CYA Levels

I'd run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be assured there is no sneaky algae still in the system... Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

If you fail the OCLT you'll have to do a SLAM Process --> SLAM Process

May the force be with you!

Maddie :flower:

Reactions: HTXp00l
Howdy HTX :handwave: Good start to the pool water! Sounds like you've got a grasp on the important stuff.

Take your Calcium up to about 300. Your plaster wall requires that so that the water won't leech calcium out of the plaster and weaken it.

Keep your FC balanced against you CYA. See this --> FC/CYA Levels

I'd run an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test to be assured there is no sneaky algae still in the system... Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

If you fail the OCLT you'll have to do a SLAM Process --> SLAM Process

May the force be with you!

Maddie :flower:

Passed the OCLT! Tested last night and it was FC was 3, this morning it was 2.5. CYA was 50 instead of 40 though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.