New Gunite Build - Cypress, TX - Done!

Two bucket tests down, one with equipment running and one without. The pool lost nearly an inch of water over the bucket with the equipment running. With the equipment off the spa dropped about 3" of water(which I'm assuming ended up in the pool?) and the pool dropped maybe 1/4". Hopefully more to come soon...

Another update. Leak is scheduled for repair next week. They're not sure how involved it will be until they start, but we're hoping it's repairable without chipping away plaster/concrete...

Another update. Leak is scheduled for repair next week. They're not sure how involved it will be until they start, but we're hoping it's repairable without chipping away plaster/concrete...
I assume you're running everything but bypassing the spa for now? definitely keep the updates coming. I'm very interested in this

I assume you're running everything but bypassing the spa for now? definitely keep the updates coming. I'm very interested in this
I have not been instructed to do that by the builder. Just dumping 200 gallons of water down the drain every day. We really need the time in the spa with this Crud going on anyways...

Alright, they made a basketball sized hole in the wall of the spa, replaced about 8" of pipe, and sealed it back up. They're coming back tomorrow to finish it up and I'll be doing a bucket test probably Sunday/Monday to confirm this is fixed.

Calling this one done finally. The leak repair is barely noticeable, so we're pretty happy with the end result. We aren't too happy with the process towards the end as we've lost sleep, swim time, some landscaping, and a few thousand gallons of water along with the chemicals used to treat them. As of now the builder isn't offering to make us whole with those losses, along with having to fight them to admit there was a leak to begin with, so they'll get 2.5/5 stars. Luckily it's a beautiful pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Calling this one done finally. The leak repair is barely noticeable, so we're pretty happy with the end result. We aren't too happy with the process towards the end as we've lost sleep, swim time, some landscaping, and a few thousand gallons of water along with the chemicals used to treat them. As of now the builder isn't offering to make us whole with those losses, along with having to fight them to admit there was a leak to begin with, so they'll get 2.5/5 stars. Luckily it's a beautiful pool.
Alright, they made a basketball sized hole in the wall of the spa, replaced about 8" of pipe, and sealed it back up. They're coming back tomorrow to finish it up and I'll be doing a bucket test probably Sunday/Monday to confirm this is fixed.
Hi AuralAlias, I think I'm dealing with the exact same thing with my hot tub now (leak discovered, not fixed yet, PB not acknowledging problem). Do you happen to have pictures of exactly how it was leaking and how they fixed it, what the repaired pipe looks like, etc? If the original builder didn't do the repair, who did it for you? Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.