New geometric build - The Woodlands, TX

Yes, Blue Granite PebbleSheen, no add-ons..

Here are a few pictures since we added landscaping.. TV goes up this week, and a few more spring plants.. TFP maintenance has been great, the pool is balanced and the water is beautiful - thanks for all the help! This last week we were in the pool every day! The kids are loving it. We are so fortunate the timing worked out with all the extra time at home.. not to mention the 90 degree Texas Spring weather!
A6F861EF-7552-411C-AA08-51007F5BA84A.jpeg
CB762C42-208D-4EFA-B0A2-F56923007239.jpegDA1CC953-F755-46F5-A38D-1E3804D91D87.jpeg
66034B3C-0A6A-4269-A68B-BB30DC834C3C.jpeg7943BDDE-10A8-4B59-B614-4CE888D53EDF.jpeg

OH MY how pretty that all is!!! A true showcase!!! Those pics a fitting for a magazine!! NICE

So talk to me.........what part of the pool do you find everyone using the most? How well used is the big shelf? Do you leave the pretty waterfall on or off the most?

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Tjs011
Thank you Kim for your kind words!! Jumping off the water wall into the deep end seems to be a hit at the moment! The shelf has been used by my niece, who is 2, and our lab.. but that’s about it so far! I think once we get some chairs we will use it more. The 3’ sheer stays on about half the time, it can be a little loud.. but it’s nice to look at. We have 3 bubblers in the shelf also, but those haven’t been on much yet. The long bench across the back wall has been nice. Overall, I think the design is practical and fits us well!

Make sure to run all the water features at least once a day for about 10 mins or so to keep the water fresh in the pipes.

The 2 yr old and lab are purrfect reasons for the shelf!!! LOL on the jumping! LOVE IT!

Kim:kim:

We are nearing the decking stage on our pool in the Houston area. Went in to the build planning to do the same concrete as you, but now doubting that decision due to the hot decking.
How is this decking with the heat on the feet?
Hasn’t been bad so far. No regrets at this point. It’s definitely not “cool” when it’s 97 degrees outside.. but it’s not hot enough to be uncomfortable when getting in and out of the pool.

Do you like your salt finish concrete? We are building a modern pool in New Jersey and I like the look of that or sandblasted, trying to not have to do plain brushed concrete. How has it held up? Does a lot of stuff get stuck in the salt voids?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Do you like your salt finish concrete? We are building a modern pool in New Jersey and I like the look of that or sandblasted, trying to not have to do plain brushed concrete. How has it held up? Does a lot of stuff get stuck in the salt voids?
Hi Liz. We’ve been very happy with the rock salt finish. IMO, It’s more interesting than brushed concrete and compliments the pool and features well. It’s only a year old but so far it’s held up very well. The voids are not an issue in my opinion.. in the areas where we have planters, some of them show dirt/run off but it’s easy to hose them out using a fire nozzle. Hope this helps!

Hi! love your pool and all the landscaping and Pergola! I am getting ready to start all my landscaping, What kind of rocks are those grey/black ones? :giggle:

Hi! love your pool and all the landscaping and Pergola! I am getting ready to start all my landscaping, What kind of rocks are those grey/black ones? :giggle:
Thank you! The rocks are called Mexican beach pebble. They come in a lot of different sizes. We went with the 3” size range (although they do vary in shape and size) to hopefully keep them from ending up in the grass and on the deck, which has seemed to work well. They do stay put. The downside is you just need to make sure they don’t thick up too much above grade or else they can become a trip hazard. We made sure to keep the rocks out of the main high traffic areas, instead of bordering the whole pool.. which we considered at the beginning.

Reactions: TexasRain
Hi neighbor, your pool and set up look amazing! I was hoping you can share the PB you used and if you are still a fan of the salt concrete now that its 10000 degrees out. We just started the process of getting quotes. TIA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.