New Filters, Low PSI?

Hagefamily

Jun 4, 2012
After 5 years of using the original Jandy Cartridge filters and the manifold that sits on top, I ordered a new set.

I bought Pleatco brand cartridges to try them out given positive reviews I saw. Everything installed without any issue. Pool pump is pulling in water and filling as normal. Water is being pushed out into the pool. As far as I can tell, everything looks normal.

It's been a long time since I changed the filters so I want to ask the group is having a low PSI is normal? I'm used to 10psi with my old/dirty filters after a jet-hose cleaning but I assume that meant a dirty filter.

PSI New Filters Manifold.png

H,

Having low pressure is not an issue as long as you have good flow back to your pool..

But I am surprised that it dropped from 10 to 0... I would have expected 5 at best.. :scratch:

Assuming you have a single speed pump and not a VS pump, then I would expect a bad gauge..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hmmm...I didn't consider a bad gauge. I'll have to see how it goes after I SLAM my pool (green right now). I still have the old filters so I could always put them in to test if needed before I throw them away. Thanks for the advice!

I'm giving the pool another 24 hours and then cleaning out the skimmers, pump basket, and seeing the PSI increases. If not, I plan to put back the old filters which should immediately tell me if the gauge is working or not and if there is some other type of problem. Hardest pool opening yet but will get there!

Closing out this thread...pump filter was clogged and new filters were, of course, covered in the algae. Cleaned both plus skimmers today, 7 PSI which is what I'd expect with new filters. Still SLAMming the pool but it's clearing up rapidly.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.