New Filter

Jun 16, 2015
Zeeland, MI
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
My old DE filter died, so I purchased a new filter. I went with sand because of cost. I was sold a 19" filter. I'm afraid it might be too small. I have an inground pool that is 17,000 gallons. My pump is 3/4 HP, I have 1 skimmer and 1 drain. Is this the correct size for my pool?

What is the flow rating on the filter?

What is the model number of the pump?

What is the filter pressure?

The biggest problem with a smaller filter, is it will require much more frequent backwashing to prevent excess head loss.

Hey Kev !!! My last house that was heavily treed with oaks taught me that my environment was much more a factor than the pool size. When a few 5 gallons pails of pollen was dumping in the pool each day, There wasn’t a filter big enough for residential use.

We moved from the woods to an open farm and are now blasted with all kinds of dirt/dust. I’m really looking forward to the experiment if one is worse than the other or they both suck equally. Lol.

What is the flow rating on the filter?

What is the model number of the pump?

What is the filter pressure?

The biggest problem with a smaller filter, is it will require much more frequent backwashing to prevent excess head loss.
Flow rating is 40gpm
Model is a Blue Torrent AC196GSLB (Part if the guardian series)
What do you mean filter pressure? It was starting at 15psi when clean, max is 50psi.

I'm thinking it may be too small. I've had it hooked up for less than 12 hours, already had to backwash once and it needs it again. Granted, my pool is really filthy right now and I didn't have the pump on since Sunday morning.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.