Wntrequinx

May 20, 2021
Hartford, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! I was curious if anyone has any advice for where to look for a new filter? I'm looking for a larger sand filter 18in/21in and I have no idea what online retailers are ok and what aren't. Tried to get it through a local store but they are busy and not responding... I found some stuff from last year about it, but it's super hard to search on my phone today (darn work distracting me from pool research)

I'm planning to get through this year and invest in a VS pump when the prices stabilize, so I can go with the aboveground packages, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Ok, so I'm looking at this for my 24ft x 52in pool:

And

Does this seem reasonable for $700?

What is the thing they are normally mounted on?? And what about connection hoses... eek,,
sorry.. I waited way too long for this...

Edit: I got paranoid that it wouldn't get here in time if I didn't do something now, and that it might sell out if I didn't hurry, so I ordered the above, with a base for the 6590 (16in) model of the filter, and some 1 1/4 hoses (6ft 1 1/2 were back-ordered). i hope the base either fits or can be modded to fit easily.

The sand filter is now on backorder, but I'm still supposed to still get mine by Saturday... maybe I'm not that paranoid after all...

(So glad I ordered the pool itself last month, it's sold out now!)

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.