New Filberglass pool install. 2" off level

I will say the smaller and busier the tile the less likely you'll notice that the pool is out of level or the tiles are off kilter. The bigger the tile the more you notice the imperfections because there are less joints so if one is off your eye migrates to it. Personally I love having some random pattern like the wave pattern you previously posted. I think with that in place going all the way to the coping you wouldn't notice.

I agree that your original tile job is bad and I wouldn't accept it. Some variations are expected and when it is all complete and the water is in you'll notice it less. I have some tile joints I really really disliked in my skimmers. I still don't like them but only I know that they are bad and no one will notice.

Thanks again everyone for the great comments and suggestions. I can't tell you how much you all have helped me. There is simply no one to talk to about this, around my town.

After almost a year, we are getting closer, folks! My wife and I spent about $200 on tile samples. We tried to do the "wave" pattern as I showed you in earlier posts, by pulling tiles off mesh, cutting them, gluing them to new mesh. What a nightmare. It took me way to long to do it.

So we settled on the 1x1 tile in a brick pattern. We decided to "Split the difference between the concrete coping line and the water line. My pool builder gave me a different guy to install the tile and this guy is much more detailed. But I'm still checking on him every hour. Here is progress so far:

Tile update - YouTube

A month later we have all the tile up! It is only about 1/2 grouted, but we are hopeful the grout will be finished up in a week.

Here is the new video: (and I finally figured out how to make a y.t. video show up) We need a "button" here, mods!

And some pictures. What we are doing now, is trying to determine how to make the TOP of the riser wall. I would like it to hang over just a bit, and keep it as low as possible.

Any suggestions?

PoolTile1.jpg

poolTile2.jpg

poolTile3.jpg

poolTile5.jpg

PoolWinnie.jpg

It looks great. I'm sorry you had to go through this but once it's done done, though it's hard, don't look back and just love the family time you'll enjoy. The tile really does look great.

Guy,
What is up with the rock cap that you have on the side of the riser wall? You are not going to put a new cap over your cantilever around the pool are you? I would lean towards pouring cement pads on top of the riser wall and using the same cantilever forms that you did on your deck so the riser top ties in with the deck. It looks really good though. The height differences are unnoticeable now IMO.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi trophft! I started to let you know that since this thread is about 17 months old, you might not get a response. I checked, and guytimes posted this last May. So you might get a reply!

Take care,
Suz

Looks like he was here a couple months ago - Auto pilot nano plus with Rc 28

Hopefully he will return and post a final pic of the riser, I am all *Hey I want to see the finished job!*

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.