New Fiberglass Pool Owner - how much hollow is acceptable???

Connorj

Jul 30, 2022
Indiana
We have a 16x40 Thursday Pool Aspen.

It was set in place in May. It is swimmable but still waiting on coping and stone pavers. I have expressed concerns to PB which were met with that is typical.

Tanning ledge by one of the steps has and obvious tilt backwards

Mulltiple spots give the hollow thud on the pool bottom.

Thoughts.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Remain engaged with the installer as best as you can without blowing your top. Especially before the final decking is applied. Once that's in there's no turning back. While I believe some gaps underneath are inevitable, and I also have a few spots that have settled over time, I'm not so sure about that "tilted back" issue you noted. You might also contact the FG manufacture to discuss your concerns.

I have the Aspen as well. Just curious, this "tilt" is it by chance on the side nearest the shallow bench? I have a hollow spot on mine as well and just curious if it's in the same spot. I do not have any hollow spots anywhere else though. What did they use to backfill under the ledge? For example mine was backfilled with gravel and then flowable fill (kick myself daily for not getting backfill eliminator).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.