New Fiberglass Install - Southern NJ

Pool is in. Digging started at 9am yesterday and water was in the pool and in its current state at 3pm today.

Electric and gas will be run next week. Pressure testing Monday for plumbing inspection and concrete guy coming Wednesday. Our inspectors want to verify the pool lights (no metal), which is why there is still some gaps in the fill.

As a bonus, our yard has been re-graded and sloped. Not sure if you can tell from photos, but water is within 1/8 of an inch from left to right and from front to back. Very thrilled with their attention to detail!

I did put on my wetsuit and jump in today. Cold as anything, but, I swam in our pool.
0DB1772E-622C-4133-949B-FED0D0C08074.jpegCF61B0CF-5531-46AF-B5E3-11F25C3B581D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Apsuhead
Plumbing almost done (need to put anode in, not sure why they didn’t do that first). Electricians are here today. Waiting on gas company to upgrade meter and put in larger service line next week before I run gas line.

Concrete after bonding and electric inspection early next week.

Just in time to winterize :)

5BCD58C8-D431-4132-8C63-ABD56B7F670E.jpeg

Of course, let me know if anyone (@jimmythegreek ?) sees any issues with plumbing/pipe runs.

Electricians finished up today. My “pool school” is next week, however, the intellicenter is rather easy to figure out. I was able to set up a light circuit and play around. Good stuff so far. I was able to wire in Ethernet connections and serial connections for use with raspberry pi.

92B07611-BF75-44BE-BD8B-5089FB619EF9.jpeg
4CA73BA1-68CB-4651-A8AB-215146E3D0BE.jpeg
Consider me very pleased. They also come out soon to clean the entire pool as well.

@jimmythegreek are you referring to removing ground water? Yes, there is the large diameter pipe directly across from the skimmer and I can put a pump in there, if need be.

Our ground is almost 100% sand (crazy!), so hopefully never an issue (hasn’t been the 12 years we’ve lived down here).

Stamped concrete installed today. Still needs to be power washed and sealed (should happen on Saturday). Pool will be cleaned and scrubbed and then safety cover installation and winterization in 3 weeks once concrete is fully cured.

4DFC494C-510D-4614-BF68-5F0460B7D2AC.jpeg

only negative is that I need to keep pool cleaned for 3 weeks in the cold. It’ll be fine :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Almost done. I still need to run gas line (that was on me from the start), but since just got the upgraded meter and service line from SJ Gas installed, I’ll wait until spring to run it (PB says he won’t start my warranty until then!).

We may have to wait until spring to seal the concrete due to cold weather, but, concrete guy assures me that won’t be an issue. He doesn’t want the sealant to cloud over due to temperatures.

PB needs to clean the pool a few more times and pool deck still needs some light sanding at the coping and over the spillway.

We are thrilled so far!!!

95FAB0A4-2096-408D-8FF1-50001B41E96D.jpegF41E498B-DABC-41FC-8F0D-9EA18407999B.jpeg

Note: that’s not a concrete stain, just dirt from pool cleaner walking on it :)

Thanks! That was the compromise for my wife. I wanted a pool for actual swimming and to teach my kids scuba (I’m a dive master :)). She wanted the sun ledge, so this was a great compromise. The “waterfall” spillway is a nice aesthetic bonus.

I do really like the little details they did. They also fit these clear, hollow covers for the dewatering tube and the skimmer. Then those were filled with concrete and stamped along with the deck making them seamlessly integrated. They simply have two finger holes to remove the lid. Was a really nice touch.

My wife found the covers for the railing holes (saftron sells them). They’re pricey, but, we don’t plan on using the railings anytime soon and we didn’t want the open holes in the deck.

Sadly, pool is now winterized and cover was installed today. Can’t wait to get landscaping finished in early spring and start enjoying the pool a few weeks after that! Thank you all the offered up assistance and just checked out the thread to follow along.

7998A76C-3D03-41C8-8D12-668DD62FDA83.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.