New(er) pool owner, very stubborn brownish stains

I tried rubbing a puck on it tonight while I was in the pool, it appears that rubbing the puck on the stains only temporarily lightened the stain. Within a minute the stain would darken again. I tried rubbing a stain with my foot and it reacted the same, it seemed to lighten a bit but once I stopped it would darken again.

Not sure what I should do next...

I'm going to continue my SLAM, the stains are organic as far as I can tell. When I first started a month ago, the chlorine puck almost instantly dissolved the stains, where Jack's stain id did absolutely nothing to the stains.

I've been keeping the FC above 20 for a while and it does appear that the stains are lightening, just taking longer than I expected I guess. I do brush them (almost) every day. I guess I just need to give it more time.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Way to go. I think it might be a good idea to stay away from your pool store. I think you'll find that stains are usually solved with proper water balance and adequate chlorine. Most stains are produced by metals either by well water, algicides (the ones with copper and other metals) or mineral treatment devices or additives. This was obviously organic so your SLAM was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Way to go. I think it might be a good idea to stay away from your pool store. I think you'll find that stains are usually solved with proper water balance and adequate chlorine. Most stains are produced by metals either by well water, algicides (the ones with copper and other metals) or mineral treatment devices or additives. This was obviously organic so your SLAM was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Yes, the pool store is officially fired! Now that I know how to run my own water tests I will never have to go back there again.

You got a crash course in pool testing and now you've treated your pool 10x better than that Pool $tore ever did. Congratulations on passing your OCLT and SLAM, as well as diagnosing your huge stains and getting them removed. That last picture is a really good looking TFP pool! :cheers::party:

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, the pool store is officially fired! Now that I know how to run my own water tests I will never have to go back there again.

:goodpost:

Yes, I'm now enjoying my TFP, thank you very much to all of you who helped me get through the process. I now feel like I have full control of my pool water! I don't know if it benefits the site at all but I purchased the Pool Math app back towards the beginning of my SLAM process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.