New Equip: Need VSP and Filter Advice

melodyanne

Bronze Supporter
Jan 12, 2018
Waco TX
I'm having our equipment pad professionally re-plumbed... also upgrading the pump to a variable speed pump and replacing our DE filter with a cartridge filter. The pool builder said he "has a pump in stock" but I would rather choose the equipment I want. Can someone recommend which VSP and filter would be best for my 15k gallon pool? I like the idea of the single cartridge filter and have read on here the Pentair IntelliFlo VSP is a great pump? I would like to provide the pool builder the exact models/sizes to be installed.

Mel,

I would be suspect of any pool builder that has a pump in stock after our "big freeze", which used up half the parts in the US.. and all the parts in Texas..

I am a highly biased Pentair kind of guy, so I agree with Marty. Any of Pentair's IntelliFlo pumps EXCEPT the one with the SVRS option should work fine. The bigger the filter the less you have to clean it. I suggest one of the 4 filter versions as the cartridges are light enough to carry around even when wet and dirty. Cartridges should last 10 years..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Last edited:
Reactions: melodyanne
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.