New E30 Explorer issue and confusing answers from Customer Service

Engineer1

Jun 7, 2022
wading river ny
First time it ran for 20 minutes , after procedure it ran for two hours, but Quick Start say's it should run for three hours. First Customer Service said it should run 3 hours , but second C.S. said 2 hour run was correct. Which is correct 2 or 3? I'm assuming 2 is correct. Am I correct?

At the end of 2 hour run power supply stays on. Both C.S. contacts say the power supply should auto shutdown and told me to send it back for repair. They even gave me a return authorization and shipping ticket. My three day old machine is headed back for repair. My concern is that I don't believe CS really knows this machine and I may have sent a perfectly good unit back for repair it does not need. Does the power supply auto shutdown?

CS did give me a procedure for reboot of the power supply which I followed, but there was no change.

M

I just got an e-mail from Maytronics that say's 2 hour operating cycle and Quick Start is wrong. They also said power supply should auto shutdown at end of 2 hour cycle. Every video I have watched shows manual shutdown before lifting bot out of pool. Very confusing.

My S200 runs a two hour cycle. If I want it to run longer I press the button again. When the bot stops the power button remains lit for several minutes eventually turning off, never really worried about it or timed the delay.

I have an E30 and it's definitely a 2 hour cycle -- exactly. I have it on a WiFi plug starting at 8am. I happened to be watching the pool one day and heard the clunk of the SWCG starting (on another WiFi plug set for 10am), and the Dolphin just stopped climbing mid-wall and settled to the bottom.

I set my WiFi plug to be on for 3 hours; I think the power supply stays on for 2.5-3 hours each time also. On these units there are only 2 wires going from the power supply to the robot. I'm pretty sure there are no smarts or communication to it -- the robot starts and runs a 2 hour cycle each time it gets power. All of the timer/scheduling is simply the power supply turning on again at that next time.

And I'm not sure why the Maytronics documentation and support people give conflicting information!

Thanks for the reply and I tend to agree with you. There is no communication between the power supply and bot , and if the same power supply is used for machines the run three hours it can't turn off automatically at 2 hours. I wish I had left the power supply on longer to see if it would have eventually shutdown.
I think I sent a perfectly good machine in for repair and Customer Service does not know their product. Time will tell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.