New Dolphin not picking up surface leaves and pollen. Any advice?

blondechica

Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2020
Austin
Pool Size
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi guys,

Took your advice and contacted Margaret at Marina Pool for my first robot cleaner (new pool build). Marina was out of quite a few models due to supply chain issues. I ended up purchasing the Active 20, which from my research is the same as an S200 and the Explorer E30.

Do I have unreasonable expectations? The robot does great with all the stuff on the bottom of the pool, but is not picking up surface leaves and pollen. I was expecting better. I'm having to self skim every day and it's still looking pretty rough.

It's also not climbing up to the tanning ledge as well as can be expected. I do start the robot on the ledge to help.

I got the rough basket and there is also a fine basket that fits into the rough basket. I clean both regularly.

Is this the robot for me? Should I be doing something else? We have a lot of tree cover. A lot.

Thanks for your input.

B,

Robots are designed to clean the pool floor and walls and scrub the waterline tile..

They do not do anything for surface debris,, Just not what they are for...

All the floating stuff should end up in your skimmers.. If not, then that is an entirely different issue.

Do your skimmers have operating weir doors?

Do you try to keep your water at the middle of the skimmer opening? If the water is way too high, the skimmers do not work as well.

How long do you run your pump each day?

If a VS pump at what speed is it running?

Thanks,

Jim R.

To get surface leaves and junk floating you will need an Ariel like robot.. I have both and I can tell you my pool is spotless.. :)

We have a group buy but they are waiting till all the preorders are done...

Last edited:
Reactions: blondechica
Thanks for this. Our PB did not install the skimmers correctly. One of the skimmers does not have a door and the other isn't installed at all. I'm thrilled to know that getting this fixed will improve our situation. I'm running the pump 7 hours a day.

To get surface leaves and junk floating you will need an Ariel like robot.. I have both and I can tell you my pool is spotless.. They are know :)

We have a group buy but they are waiting till all the preorders are done...
Wow, I didn't know this existed. Many thanks!

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.