New DIY Pool in Phoenix

your acid wash on the pebble looks a bit uneven. I'm seeing some streaks where there's more blue. I've got some splotch in my pool too. Maybe it's just difficult to avoid patches of darker pebbles in close proximity?

I also noticed that my pool was much bluer on first fill up. But then after brushing and time, some of the blue plaster probably washed away leaving more or the rock, so the pool is not a blue anymore.

Yeah, not too happy. They didn't do the acid wash as good as I liked. :( When they come out to do the chemical start up, another plaster guy said to have them do an "acid stack" where they put the muriatic acid in a steel tube right on some of the more blue spots. Hopefully it will help. He said to do another acid wash in 2-3 years and it will help.

What Brand drain did they use,
Those Sumps in the wall look WAY TOO shallow for that size pipe, which makes them not VGB compliant and unsafe.
Also, too late now, but you should never let run water in your new pool that way. Only put hoses in to the bottom in the water.
Letting them run down the side and bottom will cause staining and streaking, which you may already know by now.

What Brand drain did they use,
Those Sumps in the wall look WAY TOO shallow for that size pipe, which makes them not VGB compliant and unsafe.
Also, too late now, but you should never let run water in your new pool that way. Only put hoses in to the bottom in the water.
Letting them run down the side and bottom will cause staining and streaking, which you may already know by now.

Thanks Just-a-PB. Luckily no stains, just the blue plaster streaks from the poor acid wash. Will check into the drain covers.

Spa
1410022122_zps8c5d2600.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Slide and waterfall
1410022163_zps5009ea54.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very nice, whats with that square thing by the sun deck, seems out of place floating in the middle if the pool? Any plans for a TV in that gazebo to watch some football in that swim up bar? What's your water temp after fill-up? Probably a bit cool right now without much time for the sun too warm it up.

What a transformation to the back yard. It all looks amazing. Two of my favorite features: 1) the water curtain and 2) the mini set of furniture. Let the entertainment begin - Karen

Karen,
We love the mini set also and thought the kids would love hanging out there too. We were wrong, the kids were in the pool all day. It was a favorite hangout for the adults though.
1410057289_zpscbffbdb6.jpg

I absolutely love the sunken gazebo! That is gorgeous! The whole pool is beautiful.

I want one too! I'd have to knock down my house to fit that all in my property though...ahhh...someday I'll move to Florida and have a nice big pool...
:)

I love the water curtain too! Beautiful.

Man, that back yard turned out pretty sweet! I enjoyed reading through your build thread. I am working on my own owner/builder project in Peoria. I don't have a build thread started yet, but will shortly. Could you share the list of your subs? I sent you a PM.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.