New Construction-Pearland, TX

BNPool76

Sep 23, 2020
Pearland Tx
Hello-
Thank you for providing such an informative forum! It has been immensely useful the last few months when researching for my 1st pool build.
Have received a few quotes and have finally decided on PB. Figured I'd get some feedback from the community before signing contract.
One of my main concerns is gunite and steel specs. It seems that PB is using minimum standards. Was also told that walls would be 6" and floor 8" thickness.
I have attached design and bid proposal. Would appreciate any feedback/recommendations.
Thanks!

Attachments

• InkedPooldesign_LI.jpg
    InkedPooldesign_LI.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 69
  • McKinneyquote.pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 93
Welcome to TFP.

The gunite and steel minimum requirements vary based on the site and soil conditions. They should be specified by an engineer in the pool drawings and have an engineers stamp on their accuracy. Read the gunite section in Construction Best Practices - Further Reading

What model Tristar VS pump are you getting?

Consider getting the Hayward OmniPL control system instead of the VS Omni. That would eliminate the electrical subpanel.

Will you have a separate pump dedicated to the spa jets to ensure acceptable jet pressure?

Thanks ajw22.
Spoke to PB today and was told that they use industry standards and do not have engineer review. For most of the other PB I received quotes from stated that their engineer would review and sign off on final renderings, so a bit concerning that this company says they don't do this. Unless I am misunderstanding the review/approval process..

Tristar VS Omni 950
No additional pump, 2hp blower for spa.

Welcome to the forum!
CMP IN LINE CHLORINATOR & PARAMOUNT OZONE/UV SYSTEM
I would suggest removing the above and replacing with a SaltWater Chlorine Generator that works with your automation. Be sure it is rated for at least 2X your pool volume. The Ozone/UV thing is all magic. Will not be of any use in an outdoor pool.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Reactions: Krysib
Spoke to PB today and was told that they use industry standards and do not have engineer review. F

That is called we do what has worked ok in your area and hope for the best. We have seen quite a few threads about pools cracking in Texas builds. Some Texas areas have challenging soil or sites. You have to evaluate your situation.

Welcome to the pool owners neighborhood. We live in west Pearland, Manvel address. When we decided to put in a pool in 2017, we interviewed a lot of area builders and went with McKinney and couldn’t have been happier. I didn’t find this site until we were almost complete, 3 weeks before hurricane Harvey hit. Your build is similar to ours, even the signature spa which you’ll enjoy. Like what was stated above, the ozone thing is overrated and not much help so skip it. I ended up going with a stenner pump, but the inline chlorinator gets use when my stabilizer starts dropping to save on bleach. I’m thinking about converting to salt however, so might want to discuss that prior to build. Wife and I have been very happy with our McKinney pool. They even covered under warranty a cracked lid on the spa check valve a few months ago that was caused by the lawn maintenance guys.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.