New construction in Dallas TX

Yes, I am this nerdy! I had just as much fun using the stirrer with the light as my daughter did using the reagents :cool:

Attachments

• tf100Pic_a.jpg
    tf100Pic_a.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 403
:goodjob: Yep, I have to get the stirrer.. :)) I tested my tap water just to see what was going in the pool.. :)

Good luck today!!

We have a pool like object..It's alive.....ahhhhh! :party:

Attachments

• pool0807_2a.jpg
    pool0807_2a.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 362
  • pool0807_3a.jpg
    pool0807_3a.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 362
  • Pool0807_1a.jpg
    Pool0807_1a.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 362
Oh arvven!!! it's sooo pretty!!! I like the benches and the steps.. I forgot what color your tile is.. I'll have to go back and look - Oh boy - I bet your kids are excited!!!!!
I am excited for you all! :party:

imrodee - I forgot what color the tile was. I only have an inventory number..I know it was awesome, but it will be kinda a surprise for me again..lol

Bluegrassman - Thank you! I was up @4:15 this morning to water the Gunite down, wandering around in it, I am getting soooo ready for the water!

arvven said:
imrodee - I forgot what color the tile was. I only have an inventory number..I know it was awesome, but it will be kinda a surprise for me again..lol

Bluegrassman - Thank you! I was up @4:15 this morning to water the Gunite down, wandering around in it, I am getting soooo ready for the water!

:lol: I thought you said the KIDS were excited!!!

Make sure your PB puts in an overflow drain in your skimmer. It keeps the pool from overflowing. I just found out I had one last night. :eek:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interesting, the it rained yesterday and the pool took on about 6 in of water, more overnight, from those holes they left. I am curious as to why the spa didn't take on any water?

Here's a thought.. I just found out that when cleaning the spa, the water drains into the pool and recirculates automatically.

I asked that because when I am brushing the spa, the plaster dust doesn't get sucked away until I set the spa to drain into the pool. Then the spa refills with recycled water once I hit a button... (don't ask which one right now, because I'd have to go read up on that.) Maybe that's the way that is set up during construction.. Mine emptied too.

Hi all! Update.. nada. The next set of steps: Tile/coping, hook up electric. Hook up to water, frame decking. *sigh*

Spending time in the 100+ heat cooling off my pool with cool water is NOT what I had in mind this summer..hahaha

arvven said:
Hi all! Update.. nada. The next set of steps: Tile/coping, hook up electric. Hook up to water, frame decking. *sigh*

Spending time in the 100+ heat cooling off my pool with cool water is NOT what I had in mind this summer..hahaha

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, that's a little BACKWARDS, isn't it? When do they anticipate finishing your beautiful pool so you can reap the benefit of your toils?

spiders?

imrodee - They told us 4-6 wks, but haven't given us anything since. I am trying to be patient because I would rather it be done right, but dang! I did see a couple of spiders and thought of you...haha..that's worded funny! Just a couple though, same ones though.

Keep them to their word.. Keep asking when to expect the next contractor!

RE: spiders... None since we got water! Just an occasional one in the skimmer.... no biggie. We are in the country, so I guess I have to expect critters.

arvven said:

My experience was with the opposite conditions. Our pool was built in December. I was out there watering the gunite and later brushing at 5AM before work with temps near freezing. Not fun.

Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Stevereno said:
arvven said:

My experience was with the opposite conditions. Our pool was built in December. I was out there watering the gunite and later brushing at 5AM before work with temps near freezing. Not fun.

Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Yeah, your situation doesn't sound too fun... I think I'd take the heat. :!:

Only thing I have to note today is that the PB brought out some "Mosquito Dunks" to put in the green water that is at the bottom of the pool. It rained the day after the gunite pour and there's been some since with my watering. There is a lot of West Nile concern in our area. I was really glad they did it!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.