new coleman pool filling slowly from well

jetfan101

Silver Supporter
Sep 18, 2016
Kunkletown,Pa
SWG Type
Intex Krystal Clear
About 4 inches of water now . I have whole house filter and a end of hose filter on end of garden hose. unfortunately, I have to fill slow. contacting some water haulers to get 1 4000 gal load. When should i put in some Clorox . I may not be able to fill it for a few days or maybe a week till it reaches the filtration. I did buy a 21 inch sand filter Hayward. Any thing else I should do as I am filling? Thanks

Last edited:
If it's going to take that long to fill and get running I would certainly start adding small amounts of bleach and mixing it with a brush. You could also put some cya in a sock and tie it to some pool noodles or something and Float them in the water to start them dissolving

My water is clear but I burning through chlorine. last night after I put in a gallon 6.0 The fc was 5. ph was high off the chart but best guess 8.5. ta 100 . cya 30 to 35. got the cya hanging from pool noodle. My ph was like 6.2 and I put in 2 boxes of washing soda tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.