Pawleys Island, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
So the CH levels in the updated Pool Math app are significantly higher than before. I've been holding CH at 280 in my 8500 gal FG salt pool which was about ideal before. Now the ideal is 350-550. Entering the new nominal ideal, 450, into Pool Math as my new target (it doesn't retain that new target by the way, reverts back to my previous non-updated app target) Pool Math says to add 13lbs of calcium chloride to my 8500 gal pool to get to 450. I'm about to do that unless I'm interpreting something incorrectly. Am I?

You are in the recommended range. And to be honest, with a fiberglass pool, there is no need for that high of CH. But, we erred on the side of caution because FG pool manufacturers are still showing that.

We had a ‘soft’ roll out of the new recommendation. A more widespread communication is coming soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.