New Cell Reading Low Salt

Apr 25, 2015
Pasadena, CA
I just put in a brand new Hayward cell 2 months ago, and now I'm getting a low salt level warning. I've testing my water with the salt drop test and it's 3200 ppm, not low. Not sure what's going on. Any ideas from anyone? It's producing chlorine fine and no other issues with it. I had a generic cell before and replaced that one because it stopped producing chlorine and was giving me low salt readings. But mainly because it's stopped producing.

What are the diagnostics? What salt reading is the panel reporting?

Salt tests are accurate +/- 500 ppm. If the cell is sensing on the low side I would give it a bit more salt, up to 4000 ppm by your drop test, to make it happy.

I'm getting this:

+26.12V
+4.33A
76F
2000 PPM

-26.12V
-4.51A
76F
2100 PPM

I don't know what the first two numbers mean, so maybe that tells you something? Also, just saw someone else posted a similar problem yesterday, and they were advised to check one of the connections on the motherboard. Perhaps I'll do that as well, but it's only a couple years old. I know because I replaced it myself.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.