New cartridge filter pressure rises quickly

chris7700

May 16, 2024
Virginia
I have a 1hp pump and a new Hayward swim clear 150 cartridge filter and am just opening up my pool for the year and the pool has a lot of dust on the bottom that I stirred up. It started up at 10psi and was at 20 the next morning. I rinsed it off and a lot of dust came out and I put it back in, it started at 20 and was at 30psi within a couple hours. Stopped again and did an overnight TSP bath and mild acid wash and rinse. Started back up at 12psi but was at 30 again within 3 hours. Bought a new cartridge to test and it was at 10psi and the next morning was still at 10. All I can guess it maybe the first cartridge got some oily water during start up and the overnight TSP didn't remove much of it. Any guesses what happened? I'm going to try another soak and rinse with dishwasher detergent this time and see if that helps. At least my new cartridge is working properly. Thanks.

I have gone through the search and found many similar posts so assuming the dust is dead algae and I have to just keep cleaning and cleaning until I get that out of the pool

Last edited: