New Build - Complete

Sorry I should have explained it in more detail. As you look at the picture you are looking from the spa to the pool, take note at the bottom of the tile line as it has deeper water at the spa than at the ending point spillway to the pool. This is how the tile in the spillway stays under water when the pump is off for typically 16 hours a day and not exposed to air and evaporation.

Hi All - we are starting tile installation today . Couple of questions -
- it’s just a week we had gunite done - is one week gap good amount of time to start tiling ? I was asked to water for 2 weeks which is not yet done ..
- in selection sheet it says - grey thinset - does the color of thinset matters ?
- people who had lightstream aqua or npt Arctic lagoon tile ( installing npt sea ice lagoon ) which are paper backed and transparent which thinset and grout you used .@kimkats what color grout you suggest for this tile ..

Thank you

Last edited:
Hi All - Tile installer are here this morning to install 1*1 glass tiles . I asked them if they are applying waterproofing layer and they said NO , thinset already has waterproof . Here is the thinset they are using .. from what I have read here , waterproofing is important. Can you please provide feedback on this ?

Attachments

• BC826435-68EC-456E-B5AF-945C9D861006.jpeg
    BC826435-68EC-456E-B5AF-945C9D861006.jpeg
    467.3 KB · Views: 12
Manufacturer says water resistant, not water proof. Someone else will have to help determine how important that distinction is.
Manufacturer does state that it's recommended for pools.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is the recommended buildup by a glass tile supplier.

1626430671428-png.355575

A waterproof coating like Basecrete should be used. Otherwise you can end up with problems like this...

Here is the recommended buildup by a glass tile supplier.

1626430671428-png.355575

A waterproof coating like Basecrete should be used. Otherwise you can end up with problems like this...

Thank you both ! Yes these are Oceanside glass tiles as shown in picture. The picture shows lot of steps - I don’t think he is doing them . Definitely not waterproof one , tile guy said that’s not in instruction he got from pool company . I left msg for my PB to sort this out 😕. Also he is not using epoxy grout .

Installation procedures are described on the OG&T website. Links are in post #3.

- it’s just a week we had gunite done - is one week gap good amount of time to start tiling ? I was asked to water for 2 weeks which is not yet done
Gunite will continue to strengthen so you should continue to water couple times a day. The tiles look great.

Hi. I don’t know if it’s common with cinderblock walls but I noticed a double coping (my description) effect on another member’s cinderblock wall. I thought it was pretty interesting.

Last edited:
For decking which has steps - how did you put lights on steps . Estimates are ~$200 for transformer and $260 each for low voltage step lights . Steps are 18 feet wide and with 3 lights on each it’s ~1800 just for lights installation which seems too much

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.