New Build - Complete

For decking which has steps - how did you put lights on steps . Estimates are ~$200 for transformer and $260 each for low voltage step lights . Steps are 18 feet wide and with 3 lights on each it’s ~1800 just for lights installation which seems too much

What cost do you think would be ok?

Basically $1,000 for equipment and $800 for installation. Installation cost depends on the complexity of the work required to get it mounted and wired. You can DIY it if you are handy.

What cost do you think would be ok?

Basically $1,000 for equipment and $800 for installation. Installation cost depends on the complexity of the work required to get it mounted and wired. You can DIY it if you are handy.
That's why I wanted to know if there is complexity involved in steps lights as it doesn't align with other electrical cost . I don't have baseline but it just seems very high

That's why I wanted to know if there is complexity involved in steps lights as it doesn't align with other electrical cost . I don't have baseline but it just seems very high
I paid a ton for my lights in my hardscape. But it is one of the best features of my lighting outside. I wish I would have done lighted sheer descents. Anyway - be sure to light your hardscape even if it is way too much to make sense. It isn't really all that easy to do it later and you will certainly regret not having it.627F604D-D2F6-446C-94EA-2621820F6EB7.jpeg

The devil is in the details which you know and I don't.
  • Where is the electrical hookup?
  • Will it connect to an existing circuit or you need a new CB?
  • What is the length of the wiring from the electrical hookup to the transformer?
  • Where will the transformer be mounted?
  • What is the length of the wiring from the transformer to the step?
  • Does the wire need to be buried or in conduit?
  • How are the lights to be mounted on the step?
What number would seem not high?

The devil is in the details which you know and I don't.
  • Where is the electrical hookup?
  • Will it connect to an existing circuit or you need a new CB?
  • What is the length of the wiring from the electrical hookup to the transformer?
  • Where will the transformer be mounted?
  • What is the length of the wiring from the transformer to the step?
  • Does the wire need to be buried or in conduit?
  • How are the lights to be mounted on the step?
What number would seem not high?
I have no idea what about these questions .. My guess was it will be $500-600

I have no idea what about these questions .. My guess was it will be $500-600

Including equipment?

What equipment will be installed?

Get an idea of what quality outdoor LED equipment costs from...

Reactions: Texasresident

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
However, I’m going to price out up and landscaping lights myself as I can see that eating up a lot of money if I just rely on the landscaping company.

This sounds more reasonable and something I will be willing to pay ..do you know what type of lights they are ..
This is the type of light they used for my build...

Not this brand but same price range. They charged 200 a light and 300 for the transformer. Of course it was a ton of money... but it gets them in. Not a hard job to do but will take a day or so to get the materials and then maybe another day to install if you know what your doing and have ability to fish through conduit and run conduit.

You could probably get another electrician to quote the job and get a better price... that's probably what I should have done but didn't want to slow down any of my build process.

Reactions: Texasresident

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.