New Build under construction in SoCal Almost done *pics*

socal1

Dec 13, 2011
Hello,

I have been browsing this forum for over a year now. We wanted to have a pool installed just after buying the house last year, but things didn't work out (settled for a 16x32 above ground for last summer). Over the winter I checked out a number of builders, tried to find as many reviews as possible and wen't with the builder that had some nice rock work / over all feel. It sure has been one of those bumpy rides so far, The demo / dig was about a month ago, it was quickly halted when they hit a 200 pair phone line cable (it was way out of easement). We have been waiting for the phone company to reroute, sadly this means we are qickly loosing the summer :( on the bright side its socal so we should be able to swim into Late September.

The build is now moving along again, first inspection is done and we are hoping to have the Gunite done next week, after that there is another delay, I was told the rock work guy / slide / waterfall person is out and when back it will be a 2 week project, then they can move on with the deck.

Now comes the hard part, picking all the colors, tile, coping, deck, rock work color and so on. I am also having a hard time with add on's, sadly once you start changing / adding more things on there never seems to be a stopping point. I had the main pump upgraded to VSD, lights to LED and bumped the computer system to the PDA 8 port, as they wanted to give the 4 port setup which would have been mostly used.

On to some photo's

a few shots of the yard before anything was done / the work was started.

DSC00007.JPG

DSC00012.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

Demo changes everything

DSC00645.JPG

DSC00649.JPG

DSC00650.JPG

Nothing like a phone trunk cable stoping things....

DSC00648.JPG

Rebar is now in

20120609_201157_1_.jpg

Re: New pool build in SoCal, Looking tips on things to add

Are you doing SWCG? One of the best things I have ever done to my pool. Talk to your pool builder if you do salt, around here some stone doesn't hold up to our sun and salt as well as others.

The gas line for the BBQ is a great idea, I had that at my last house. When you buy the BBQ, make sure you get one with the right BTUs, natural gas has a much lower energy content than propane. You could also use it for a gas lighted wood fired grill and/or oven.

Re: New pool build in SoCal, Looking tips on things to add

Yeah it will be SWCG, also upgraded to LED lights all around. As of now we are pretty set on colored concret coping and a paver deck so it should hold up to the salt. I am considering two deck jets on the back raised deck. Still mixed on the BBQ area, its not cheap, they quote like $450 a foot for the buildout I heard some people mention Fog jets, but have no clue what that costs and how often it would really be used.

Re: New Build under construction in SoCal Midway done *pics*

The days keep on rolling by, thankfully it hasn't been crazy hot yet, or else my kids would be freaking out :) We are told that its down to about 3 weeks until we can swim. The rockwork is just about done, the coping and other bands will be poured next week then they begin the tedious work of the paver install.

Here is a few more pics, shows the rockwork coming together. These are about a week old, I will try to grab some a closer shot of the completed waterfall / slide, it looks pretty good.

DSC00729.JPG

DSC00731.JPG

Re: New Build under construction in SoCal Almost done *pics

A quick update. the bands / coping / rockwork is now done. They should start with the Pavers soon, and perhaps we will be lucky enough to have water in 2-3 weeks.

The rock slide / waterfall
DSC00735.JPG

Attachments

• DSC00734.JPG
    DSC00734.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 355

Soooooo close now, there is an inspection tomorrow and hoping for pebbletec tuesday. Then the fun final touches, need to pick plants, low voltage lights, etc. Here are some pics. Thanks for looking!

DSC00750.JPG

DSC00753.JPG

DSC00758.JPG

DSC00760.JPG

DSC00764.JPG

DSC00759.JPG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Yukon Jack said:
Your pool is looking great - I bet the kids are super excited.

Indeed, amazing that the summer is done and the kids are back in school. Thankfully in SoCal it stays warm into Oct.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.