New Build - Tampa, FL

Measurements match up. It's supposed to be 28' at the longest and it's currently ~29'6", so it appears they're building in a bit of a buffer. Or they liked me :D

The dog (Cooper) approves. He's just curious about how to get in it right now.

Rebar is mostly done. They put down what I assume is part of the main drain. It looks like it's 3 returns that feed into one. I'll have to ask about it tomorrow as I don't "get it" yet. They were here at 7AM this morning and gone around 3, so hopefully they'll continue that trend to avoid the heat!

Measurements match up. It's supposed to be 28' at the longest and it's currently ~29'6", so it appears they're building in a bit of a buffer. Or they liked me :D

The dog (Cooper) approves. He's just curious about how to get in it right now.

Rebar is mostly done. They put down what I assume is part of the main drain. It looks like it's 3 returns that feed into one. I'll have to ask about it tomorrow as I don't "get it" yet. They were here at 7AM this morning and gone around 3, so hopefully they'll continue that trend to avoid the heat!

Another local build. :)

The concrete will probably be 8" and thus it will be exactly 28' once complete.

Those are the main drains, probably no reason to plumb them separately. Ours are the same.

So, even though both drains are T'ed into the same pipe, that counts as two drains? I was wondering if maybe the skimmers counted as one. I'll probably call the PB for their clarification.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So, they finished rebar on Friday and shot the gunite in on Monday. Been a little distracted from posting pictures. I think it turned out great, but I wouldn't know since I've never been through the process.

This is from the second story this morning. About 18 hours after it was completed.

So, they came out and took out the grass today. Made my pretty pool shell messy :(

The other thing I noticed is that there's now water seeping through the bottom. There was a pump they had hooked up pumping water out, but they cut it off and removed it to take out the grass. Ever since, I'm seeing water. It's slowly filling. Should I be concerned?

So, after a week of gnarly rain every other day, we're back at it. Plumber was here today trenching and laying equipment on the pad. Tile and coping also arrived recently. I took pictures of them together to get an idea. The decking will be a cream/beige color while the coping is just straight beige, so the decking will be lighter in color. We're doing the border around all of the decking also. They'll continue work tomorrow and also start putting up the tile. Electrician later this week or early next week.

Still shopping out natural gas and water line runs. Want to run a natural gas line from the meter, around the coroner in the back to below the kitchen window for a future NG grill. Got a quote of $2020 to do that. Also a quote of $750 to run water in the back to put a hose bib that continued up the wall to be a regular ole pull chain shower. Seems steep, so I'm getting more quotes. I just need to make my mind up before pavers go down and I don't want to risk delaying that on this project.

Anyway, the "eye candy". That is, if "eye candy" is pool equipment surrounded by dirt and muddy water. :)

Call or text you PB and ask for the pump back. It is not a very bad thing but (I am not sure what happened but just now when I signed into this thread I saw that I had not answered you BUT I did have this half started post :( I have no idea why I did not finish it. I am so sorry I am just now seeing this.

I LOVE your colors and picks! SO pretty!

Kim (making a point to find this thread every day)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Please don't bother checking here daily. I don't think it'll be that exciting, but maybe I'll be wrong.

I did reach out to the PB about the muddy water and they said they intend for it to fill up, equal to the water table. I forget the rationale, but I think it was something along the lines of letting it "equalize." Either way, they promised they'll get it all cleaned up.

LOL might not be exciting but need to take care of my FL people!

So on your equipment pad area. I would kill off or remove all of the grass around it. It will make your life MUCH easier in the long run. Plan on putting a border or such around it, with roofing felt down as a weed barrier with some pretty river rock on top of that.

You do NOT want to use a weed eater or such around your pipes.

Kim

Great point, Kim. Didn't really think about that, but you're right. I won't want to fool with that. I'll need to go pick out some rock or something. Maybe a square paver or two to stand on.

Plumbing is complete. Electrical is tomorrow. Today they framed up the screen room concrete footer and the circle patio. It's now a lot easier to visualize since the footprint is so clear now. Tile and concrete should be next week.

Pool electrical is done! I think... They said they wired in the bubbler, but I don't see evidence of it. Just a box at the main panel and a circuit breaker. Ohh well, it'll be on them to make sure it gets done in the long run.

New GFE outlet to meet the code.

Pool Light Switch

Free trench shovel if they don't come back to claim it. Score!

Found that after they started the pump to test it, the filter started leaking. It appears to be where the top connects to the bottom all around the filter. The crew should be back out in the next day or so for me to ask them. Hoping it's not a big deal.

I asked about the filter and they didn't see concerned. They said that perhaps the plumbers had too much pressure on it (was 40+ where the filter is used to 17'ish). Either way, they said they'd look into it.

Since the last update, the concrete footers have been poured for the patio circle and screened room. Also had water and NG run into the back. Tile and Coping is underway.

You can see the NG to the left for the grill. Also had them run the water pipe up for a little outdoor shower.

Hoping we're about 3-4 weeks from completion.

Looks like the coping is attached, but one thought on the coping, some people prefer the look around the curves of having each piece cut instead of every other piece cut. I prefer the more consistent look of having each piece cut a little instead of a full piece and then a more wedge shaped piece. If it's not done yet, search out pics of both online and decide which you would like. Don't be afraid to tell them how you want it. There are many different ways things can be done and they will often do the easiest (as in this case) absent other guidance. They've also used the widened grout approach on some of it. But if nothing stood out to you on first inspection, you are probably happy with it and I wouldn't change it. It's strictly a preference item. Everything is looking great!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.