New Build - Tampa, FL

I never thought about how the coping would be cut before. I think we'll be satisfied as it, but there is a totally different aesthetic to each paver being cut. Next pool, we'd probably request it :)

They're finishing up tile and coping now. Pavers for decking were delivered today. Looks like we're about 3 weeks out from completion.

Been a bit since I've updated. Pavers were completed today. Been arguing with the fence company. Why do they ask for a 2-3 week notice, but when I'm ready, I'm still not scheduled. I'll surely write a review about this on another site :)

Things are progressing well. Only things remaining are the screened room and then interior finish. The colors of the coping and border are beige. The main portion is a cream/beige mix. The final picture is of them cleaned up a bit. The rest of the pictures are of them still dusty/sandy. I'll let the PB clean them up pretty before "opening the pool".

I have my TF-100 kit. I reckon I can test my water soon. Hopefully I don't blow through all my reagents trying to figure it out (read: tinker).

The coping around the pool isn't clean where the grout was applied, but you can get the jist of what it'll look like with the soldier border

Been a bit since my last post. Life happened, so forgot to post updates. Screen patio is complete except for the fan beam being wired. Fence is back up. Scheduled to have interior finish put in next Tuesday. Working with irrigation and landscape folks to get some trees and plants put in after that. Can't wait to see some water that doesn't have tadpoles! Guess I need to get off my butt and test the water to see what I'm working with. I have the kit, just haven't even opened it yet. Reckon I need to go to Pool School and learn how to do the tests :)

Then I only have little stuff. Picking out new light for inside the patio (or lanai as my fancy wife likes to call it), shower arm and head for outdoor shower, etc.

So, I just played with the TF-100 to determine the specs of my fill water. Results are:

Chlorine .5
CC 1
TC 1.5
pH 8.2
CH 400 ppm
TA 80

So, the pH test in the taylor test isn't exact. Is it good enough, or should I invest in a pH meter? Any concern over that calcium? I don't know if that's high or not, but water down here is hard enough to chip a tooth on, so....

Any input on the above appreciated!

Here is what I give new pool owners:

With this one make sure to show the PB your test kit and this printed out. He is not used to people knowing how to care for their own pool. You have to do what HE says as he holds the warranty card. We have seen some PB loving the test kit and PO knowledge and "allowing" them to take care of the pool on their own.

Pool School - Start-up New Plaster

Here are some links you will need when you are starting up a pool.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

Here is a link for videos on the test kit:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tf100testkit?feature=results_main

For the PH test I hold a white plate behind the tube. I then move the plate back and forth until I can get a good match on the color.

Kim:cat:

*sigh* so, the overnight curing of the plaster led to some ground water seeping in. I guess they didn't have the sump pump set properly. Now there's a little bit of a "bathtub ring"around the drain. They used a torch to try to dry it out before the fill. PB said that the acid and brushing for the next few days will address it. If not, he'll call the plaster company back out.

Oh, and the lights aren't working right. Think there's a short. Fun times

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Here's the photos. The PB added more acid to see if it'll fix it. They're also calling out the plaster company to see what can be done. There's some white spots that showed up as well. I told the PB that if Iwe have to drain, re-finish, and fill again, I'm fine with that, but I need to be reimbursed for the re-fill (still not sure how much it cost as I haven't received the bill yet).

Here's the pretty view

A better view of the finish

Here you can see the "bathtub ring" around the drain

And here's the white spots that are starting to show up

I need to find the pool plaster issues post again and see if any of that might explain this. The PB is tentatively blaming the plaster company, so we'll see what comes out of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So, it appears that all the white spots are "divots"/pitting in the plaster where chunks of plaster or aggregate have come loose. They say they can patch it and remove the stain next week. They wanted to wait another week to ensure the plaster has cured. I'm hesitant, but optimistic.

Went through "pool school" today. They don't really differ from the TFP method. In fact, they encouraged me to use the internet to help with the process (or call them). Now I just need to figure out the cheapest places to buy DE, soda ash, etc.

We got in the pool for the first time on Saturday. We're happy, but bothered by the plaster. I am accepting it'll never be perfect, but I want most of those white spots gone! If we hadn't done a tinted aggregate plaster, we probably would have never noticed them, but we love it.

I'll take pictures of the updated landscaping soon.

See post #46 for what you can buy and the common place to buy it. Lowes and Walmart will be your go to places or Home Depot and Target as well.

I am glad you were able to swim! Sweet! I hope they can make the plaster look good...here is hoping.

Kim:cat:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.