New Build SEPA

Dave1096

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2020
SEPA
Don't like the idea of just "plugging the leak" with plaster (although hydrostatic pressure should be pretty low at that depth). Call the pool builder and ask him to come out and look at it. Looks like they did a great job on the rest of the pool so hopefully, he'll have a workable solution.
Their solution was to fill in/pack the area around the light with hydraulic cement. Hopefully that's an adequate solution, but I'm more concerned with the root of the issue which is the ground water being that high around the pool. Makes me nervous thinking about the pool just sitting their empty for the next 3-4 months.

bmoreswim

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Late reply here but you can always fill the shell 2/3 full with water to hold it in place, as cheap insurance. Your fence is in place so there shouldn't be a safety concern. Just blow out and plug lines before doing so, as the water may raise to the level of the returns.

This post has a nice shot of a northern pool that waited until spring for plaster and was semi-filled for winter.

Baltimore Pool Build

Reactions: Dave1096

Dave1096

Silver Supporter
Jun 7, 2020
SEPA
Late reply here but you can always fill the shell 2/3 full with water to hold it in place, as cheap insurance. Your fence is in place so there shouldn't be a safety concern. Just blow out and plug lines before doing so, as the water may raise to the level of the returns.

This post has a nice shot of a northern pool that waited until spring for plaster and was semi-filled for winter.

Baltimore Pool Build
Thanks B. Taking my builder's lead on this for warranty purposes, but I'll ask if this is something they'll do. Pool isn't very accessible at the moment. 20201217_104013.jpg

Reactions: Vukota12