New Build Prosper, TX (Updated 6/7/20)

SWEET!!! Now when you turn on the water do NOT turn it off! Keep the flow going. Stopping the flow can cause a ring in your new plaster.

You should also put a sock or wash cloth over the end of the metal end of the hose and put it at the deepest part of the pool so it will not channel.

Kim:kim:

Thanks guys. The pool builders used something to make the hose float when they filled it so it didn't touch the bottom. Unfortunately one of the home builders subs turned the water off when it was only slightly full and it sat overnight at that level. Now there is a dirt ring, but the PB is confident they will get it off...

Despite that its looking good! We are hoping to close in the next week or two and ill take some completed pictures!20200613_144216.jpg

Well we had an extended hot startup while they worked for a week to get rid of the dirt ring in the plaster (thanks to the home builder for shutting the water off), but they began balancing the water today and turned on the bubblers so we are finally getting to see the actual water color and we love it! We close on the house tomorrow and hope to be moved in and swimming sometime mid to end of next week!
20200618_163836.jpg
20200618_163351.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Snoobug

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
PLEASE head over to this thread and share your wonderful plaster! Make sure to name it and add in extras you put in. Take a pick of the steps, shallow end, as well as the deep end to show how the depths change the color. It is SO pretty!!

Kim:kim:

Thanks guys! The finish is Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure. My better half said absolutely not to a rock finish as she hates how rough it is (even pebble sheen) so this was the best option for us
Silky smooth and really does look great!! I will take more pictures once we move in and everything is cleaned up and ill add them to the plaster thread.

What a awesome build Sir! Clean, crisp with a great view and surrounding amenities. I find the outdoor living space with the fireplace astounding! That will be a great evening view during the winter! The color pallet works so nice with your water. Love the turquoise blue. That Blue Counter top is incredible!! Great choice! If I may comment on the "heat bending" of your plumbing... This "Art" as some stated will save you in total head pressure and reduce operational load and cost on the pumps. Also less fittings to possibly leak. Mine was done the same way and as my Pentair Rep. shared, I have some of the lowest total head he has seen for the size and scope of my build. (32 ft. total head).

Enjoy!!

What a awesome build Sir! Clean, crisp with a great view and surrounding amenities. I find the outdoor living space with the fireplace astounding! That will be a great evening view during the winter! The color pallet works so nice with your water. Love the turquoise blue. That Blue Counter top is incredible!! Great choice! If I may comment on the "heat bending" of your plumbing... This "Art" as some stated will save you in total head pressure and reduce operational load and cost on the pumps. Also less fittings to possibly leak. Mine was done the same way and as my Pentair Rep. shared, I have some of the lowest total head he has seen for the size and scope of my build. (32 ft. total head).

Enjoy!!
Thank you so much for the comments!! And I appreciate the insight on the heat bent pipes, I had never seen that until our pool!
What a gorgeous pool! How deep is the water in your baja?
Thank you! 6" water depth.

Here is a sunset photo from last night, we are loving it!
PSX_20200626_135359.jpg

I keep coming back to this thread because I love how your pool turned out. Beautiful!

If your PB is who I think it is because of the heat bending, we had a tough time deciding between them and the PB we ultimately chose. They did a phenomenal job.

20200619_153408.jpg
HI! love the rock border! looking into something like this for our build. How wide is the space that holds the rock and about how much rock did you end up using? Also, is it just polished 3" river rock? Thanks 😍

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.