New Build Prosper, TX (Updated 6/7/20)

Ok, I would save that. Also keep an eye on it when they pressure test the lines. If its going to be under a patio or some other hard to reach area, I may still push to get it replaced.

SWEET!!! That looks great! Have you started bonding with it yet? aka watering it to help slow down the curing.

It is time for your set of links! The first set is all about what to do and ask about to get a great plaster job. The second set is all about how to care for your pool after you get the plaster.

Plaster links:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

Pool care links:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule
Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals
Trouble Free Pool
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a good time to ask what test kit your PB will be providing so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

Thanks for the links Kim!!

The pool company is handling the bonding daily for us since we don't live there yet.

They wont be plastering the pool until right before we close, so mid June, but they will continue with the decking, masonry, etc. So there will be a little progress over the next several weeks.

Evan

This daily drizzle is perfect for your gunite. Good luck with the build on both the pool and house.

Love how that tile looks! I can't wait to see it with plaster and water! That is going to very striking!!!

So tell my about the curve wall of windows............what room is that? I LOVE the wall of doors as well! What a pretty house that is going to be then add in the pool=WOWZER!!

So tell my about the curve wall of windows............what room is that? I LOVE the wall of doors as well! What a pretty house that is going to be then add in the pool=WOWZER!!

Agreed. Is that a Britton Home? We looked at them and really liked those back windows and they were very configurable. That will be great for the pool.

Thank you guys! The house is custom by Jeff Pfeifer Homes. We designed the floor plan exactly how we wanted it. Fun but stressful picking every little detail! That curved wall of windows will be our master bedroom! We wanted to have a great view of the pool! The sliding doors are 16' wide stacking doors that when stacked up will have an 11' opening! These were a must for us as we wanted to open the inside to the outside. I appreciate the comments on the house (and waterline tile). The pool should start moving along again next month and finish up in early June as we are supposed to close on June 12th!

Evan

• Love
Reactions: Snoobug and JJ_Tex

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Over the last two days they installed the equipment, plumbing and built the base of the grill island. The equipment pad was poured oversized in case we decide to install a heater/chiller in the future. When I left they were getting ready to put the stone on the grill and they expect to begin the coping tomorrow.

Here are a few pics:
20200507_132631.jpg20200507_132637.jpg20200507_132952.jpg20200507_132930.jpg20200507_132947.jpg

Evan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.