New Build Prosper, TX (Updated 6/7/20)

Kozman23

Silver Supporter
Oct 10, 2019
Prosper, TX
Hi All,

A few months we started the process of designing our pool for our new build home and we finally signed the contract last week. Our home is currently being built and our PB works with our home builder so they will begin the construction in the next month or so and the pool will be done at the same time as the house! Our house is due to close sometime in June so our pool build progress will be a bit slow as they are going to do it along that timeline and will not install finishes until the very end to avoid damage (basically said we will have a concrete hole for awhile). A lot of what we selected is thanks to you guys and the advise I have received on here so thank you! We have our final sign off meeting coming up and I would love it if you guys took a final look and gave any final suggestions before we sign off!

General Specs:
Pool Size:
18'W x 30'L (Water Dimensions)
Pool Depth: 3'6"-5'6" (Water Depths)
Wet Deck: 6'W x 18'L x 6"D
Gallons: Approx.: 21,600
Bench: Deep end wall (Entire Width)

Finishes:
Pool:
Wet Edge Primera Stone Sky Blue Treasure
Waterline Tile: Master Tile Subway Stratus White 2x4 Glass Tile
Water Feature Wall: Standing Black Polished RiverRock Tile
Decking: Burl Blanco Limestone (12x24 Runner Pattern)
Coping: Burl Blanco Limestone
Boarder: Black Polished River Rock (Between coping and decking)

Equipment:
Controller:
Jandy IAqualink PS-8
Sanitation: Jandy Aquapure Salt
Pump: Jandy VS 2.7HP Filter Pump (For Pool & 2 LED Bubblers)
Addl. Pump: Jandy VS 2.7HP Pump (For 8'W Sheer Descent)
Addl Pump: Jandy VS 2.7HP Pump (For 4x Laminar Jets)
Filter: Jandy CV580 Cartridge Filter
Addl. Filter: Jandy CS100 Cartridge Filter (Sheer Descent)
Cleaner: Robot to be purchased later

Water Features & Lighting:
4x 20W Jandy Nicheless Hydrocool LED Lights (Multicolor)
1x: 8' Jandy Sheer Descent
2x: Jandy LED Bubblers
4x: Jandy Laminar Jets

Pool Design Final 1.jpg
Pool Design Final 2.jpg
Pool Design Final 3.jpg
Pool Design Final 4.jpgMaterials Final.jpg
black river rock wall2.jpg

Looking forward to sharing the progress!
Evan

Last edited:
Reactions: joeramirez
HUBBA! HUBBA! That is so nice looking! Man that is going to be SO pretty when it is done. LOVE the stand alone spa! SIGH at the end of a long day!

The one thing I do not see is how you plan to add chlorine to your pool. VERY important thing to think about!

For the oh so pretty tile you really need to think about what color of mortar you want them to use. Get some paint cards-white, off white, light gray, etc. See which one you like best under the tile.

Kim:kim:

Looking good.

Will the river rock around the perimeter be lose rock? It looks cool, but I would be worried about constantly kicking them in the pool, especially by the stairs.

Oh yeah, and go Prosper!

Looks like it will be a saltwater pool.. Excellent choice.. Just make sure the cell is about 2 x the pool volume. This is because cells are rated when operating at 100% output and when running 24/7..

Thanks,

Jim R.

HUBBA! HUBBA! That is so nice looking! Man that is going to be SO pretty when it is done. LOVE the stand alone spa! SIGH at the end of a long day!

The one thing I do not see is how you plan to add chlorine to your pool. VERY important thing to think about!

For the oh so pretty tile you really need to think about what color of mortar you want them to use. Get some paint cards-white, off white, light gray, etc. See which one you like best under the tile.

Thanks Kim! We love our stand alone spa and bringing it to the new house was a must. The concrete spas just don't do it for us, we like the comfort and jets of our spa!

Against our PBs wishes it will be a salt pool largely due to all the research I did on here! As with most N. TX pool builders, ours does not do salt and talks about it as if it will eat everything in sight within a year, but we really want it and I feel confident with everything I've seen on here that we can make it work good.

Thanks for the advice on the mortar, we were told we will see samples before the tile goes in!
Looking good.

Will the river rock around the perimeter be lose rock? It looks cool, but I would be worried about constantly kicking them in the pool, especially by the stairs.

Oh yeah, and go Prosper!
Yes the perimeter will be loose black river rock (like the waterfall wall). We too are a bit worried about that and even though we don't have kids yet, when we do I'm sure they will end up in the pool. Guess I'll have to invest in a good net HA!

Looks like it will be a saltwater pool.. Excellent choice.. Just make sure the cell is about 2 x the pool volume. This is because cells are rated when operating at 100% output and when running 24/7..

Thanks,

Jim R.
Jim, you are correct, salt with the AquaPure 40K system. Estimate is 21K gallons on the pool so they are confident that will be good enough.

Thanks again for the advice everyone, keep it coming! Dig is probably 3-4 weeks away!
Evan

SWEET! Let the MUD/DIRT begin!!!

Are you ready for your first job as a pool owner? When they say they are done go out with your plans and a tape measure in hand. Is it wide, deep, long, etc enough? Add about 8" for the steel, shell, and plaster. NOW is the time to fix or tweak as needed.

The dig and some plumbing is done and the dig dimensions appear to be correct. Please see my plumbing question below.
20200321_150321.jpg
20200321_143809.jpg
20200321_145831.jpg

My question is, what do you guys think of this plumbing? It's tough to tell in the pics but the pipe is kind of "flattened" or oval from the pressure of the bend and one is even bulging a bit. Is this normal and ok??
20200321_143958.jpg
20200321_143953.jpg
Thanks,
Evan

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looks like the heat bend the plumbing? I would want those sections replaced.

I know there's a builder in Texas that Prides themselves on heat bending all of their Plumbing but the problem is a repair won't be possible down the road because when you bend the pipe it deforms and that will make it impossible to fit a coupling over any of the bent areas.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.