New Build - Pearland (S. Houston)

ACastillo

Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2019
Pearland, Tx
You have been busy. Are the open pipes for the ozone system?
I'm not quite sure yet. I usually leave before workers show up and the plumbers were gone before I made it home that day. I haven't had a chance to follow up with my PM, but I'll ask him about those open pipes this week. The electricians just wired up in the blower for the spa today, but didn't plumb it in. I'm not sure where that usually ties into the system.

ACastillo

Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2019
Pearland, Tx
Stone and tile crew were working the last two weeks. They had the coping and most of the waterline tile laid, before we were able to notice that they had used the wrong waterline tile. We had picked out a blue porcelain tile in a 1"x2" mosaic design, but for some reason they used a 1"x1" tile mosaic. I informed the PB of the error and they were working yesterday to change out the tile, but looks like they wound up short on tile, as they left about a 4 ft section unfinished. They also wound up a few stones short on the waterfall/jumping ledge, but those were delivered yesterday as well. Hopefully they are able to finish up on Monday so that we can move on to decking and plaster.

Attachments

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
That is a pretty tile right there. Was the other tile at least the same color but the wrong size? Too bad you didn't see it was wrong before they got so far along. Hoping they can get the rest of the correct tile fast!

ACastillo

Bronze Supporter
Apr 30, 2019
Pearland, Tx
Thank you. It was a tough choice and we weren't exactly sure how it would look. Now that it's in the pool and we can see it in the sunlight and with the other stone, we feel good about the selection.

Yes it was the same color and style tile, but in a 1"x1". The problem though is that in a smaller tile you don't get the full effect of the color pattern, and actually looked much darker compared to the 1"x2".

They had done all of the waterline in the pool when we noticed the issue and actually we were considering sticking with the 1"x1", but asked them to go ahead and do the spa in 1"x2" so we could compare the two. After seeing the difference of the 1"x2" we decided to have them replace it all. Was a shame to have to have them redo it all, but the PB didn't hesitate to make the fix.

Last edited:

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
I can see how the smaller size would mess up the colors and presentation of the tile. Well done on making sure you did want to have them change it. Well done on the PB doing the right thing and having them redo it!!

Reactions: RuralTexas