New Build - Omaha, Nebraska - Thoughts on Equipment

Hello All,

Looking for some thoughts on the selected equipment for my pool which should be digging ground here in a couple of weeks:
1. 20x25x45 True L - Steel Wall / Vinyl Liner with Ultra Seam and Sure Step, 3.5' Shallow End, 8.5' Deep End
2. Filter: Pentair TR-60 Sand Filter (Will likely upgrade to:pentair Clean and Clear Plus Cartridge Filter System)
3. Pump: Pentair Intelliflow Variable Speed Pump
4. SWG: Pentair IC-40 (Maybe Upgrade to IC-60 After I Figure Total # Gallons) Salt Generator
5: Pentair Intellibrite 12V LED Pool Lights
6: Pentair IntelliPH
7: Pentair Easytouch
8: Pentair Prowler 920 Auto Cleaner
9: Pentair MasterTemp 300K BTU Heater (Natural Gas)
10: 2 Main Drains, 2 Skimmers, 4 Returns
11: Corner Wedding Cake Steps with 18' Bench
12: Diving Board
13: Winter Cover
14: 4' Concrete Deck Around Entire Pool
15: White Aluminum Bullnose Coping

Cost: 61K, Not Including Electrical and Plumbing from Equipment to House

swits,

Pentair makes great equipment and you can't go wrong with the IntelliFlo pump... just make sure that you do NOT get the SVRS version. It is a safety feature that is not needed or required when you have dual main drains. It costs more and can cause issues when priming with low water at the skimmers, plus other issues.

I would not get the IntelliChem as the results we see here are not all that positive.

The EasyTouch is for normal pools and pool owners. The IntelliTouch is for large pools with a number of pumps and the need for more advance programming.

Make sure you get ScreenLogic2 with your EasyTouch... with it you can operate and program the EasyTouch about 10 x easier than without it. You can thank me later... :p

Make sure you SWCG is at least 2 x your pool volume..

If you get the cartridge filter, get the largest one they have (CCP-520). For reference.. I clean mine twice a year and bet I could get away with once a year if I wanted..

I know nothing about the Prowler 920 Auto Cleaner... everyone I know uses Maytronics robots, if that tells you anything.

I'm not sure I would use aluminum coping if going with a saltwater pool, but then I have no experience in that area. ????

Thanks for posting,

Jim R.

swits,

Pentair makes great equipment and you can't go wrong with the IntelliFlo pump... just make sure that you do NOT get the SVRS version. It is a safety feature that is not needed or required when you have dual main drains. It costs more and can cause issues when priming with low water at the skimmers, plus other issues.

Thank you so much for the advice. That will save a headache.

I would not get the IntelliChem as the results we see here are not all that positive.

I am not planning on getting the IntelliChem, just the IntelliPH. It only does acid to keep PH balance.
From PENTAIR: "The IntellipH pH Controller automatically dispenses muriatic acid into the pool to protect pool equipment and make sanitizing more effective. IntellipH is the perfect companion for the IntelliChlor® Salt Chlorine Generator. Together, they help sanitize and balance pool water to keep it sparkling clear."

Advice still the same?

The EasyTouch is for normal pools and pool owners. The IntelliTouch is for large pools with a number of pumps and the need for more advance programming.

Make sure you get ScreenLogic2 with your EasyTouch... with it you can operate and program the EasyTouch about 10 x easier than without it. You can thank me later... :p

Do I have to have the pool builder install SL2 or can I do that? I am running out of budget.

Make sure you SWCG is at least 2 x your pool volume..

If you get the cartridge filter, get the largest one they have (CCP-520). For reference.. I clean mine twice a year and bet I could get away with once a year if I wanted..

I know nothing about the Prowler 920 Auto Cleaner... everyone I know uses Maytronics robots, if that tells you anything.

I'm not sure I would use aluminum coping if going with a saltwater pool, but then I have no experience in that area. ????

Thanks again Jim for all the advice. Happy to hear if anyone else has comments as well!

Justin

- - - Updated - - -

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.