New Build - North DFW Area

RCCola6

Jul 16, 2020
Celina, TX
I wanted to share the design for my new pool design. Ive added my pictures and bid. The plan is to do SWG which Ive learned from my lurking here. The pool is 32X17.6 currently and is intended to be 4x5x4 - may take it to 4x6x4. Its just me and my mom using the pool for relaxing and exercising. Very open to feedback on the design and the specs! Thanks all!
CTW_002.jpgCTX_003.jpg

Attachments

• CTX Pool Bid for TFP.pdf
    557 KB · Views: 29
R,

I like symmetrical lay out, but it seems to take up way too much swimming space having a tanning bed on both sides. I also have a waterfall wall, but find that I rarely ever use it. Just too noisy..

You will love having a saltwater pool. The EasyTouch is not much fun unless you also have ScreenLogic so you can control things with your phone or PC. For about the same price you can get the new Pentair IntelliCenter.

I suggest that you go with a Robot cleaner, that you buy yourself, rather than the Pentair Racer.

Something like this..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks both! Im not sure why he also has the inline chlorinator - Ive seen that listed on a few other SWG builds here so I'll ask the contractor. Definitely going to switch out the side pressure cleaner for the robot - I just need to add more electrical right? Im definitely interested in the IntelliCenter - someone here said it was on backorder so I'll see what my contractor says.

I asked for the water features - running water calms me down and that's the whole point of adding a pool to my house for me! I know the ledge takes up space on both sides but I want my 72-year old mom who has balance issues to have multiple access points. I'll make sure that back swim lane is as wide as possible to accommodate. Thanks everyone so far for the feedback!

Im also thinking I'll add a chiller. The backyard faces West and gets TONS of Texas sun with no escape.

It appears the SWCG is an upgraded cost to the quote which includes the inline chlorinator. You do not need both so you may get a small credit to remove the inline chlorinator.

I do not see the depth of the sundeck. You need to be aware of the depth relative to the height of the coping. If your sundeck has 6 inches of water depth, you need to add about 4-5 inches to top of coping which makes that first step from ground level to the sundeck about 10-11 inches. So there is a need for a hand rail for your mom. Also, if you go with a deeper sundeck, say 9 inches then that first step becomes 13-14 inches, then you may want to consider a small step between the coping and the sundeck. So just think through the step heights from the deck into the pool, even with a hand rail.

The 4-5-4 or 4-5.5-4 depth should be fine for floating around in the pool. Not sure if you have siblings with kids that may visit but you want to consider that as well. I would lean to a 5.5 depth over a 5.0

Im uploading my contract so anyone can give me feedback on my payment terms and anything else!
Looks like its 25, 25, 20, 20, 5. Are the phases my builder calls out standard payment phases?

The benches no longer go across the back of the pool - leaving a bigger swim lane. Im adding in a Badu Jet there for swimming. Ive attached the updated designs as well.

HermanTX - I agree - Id like to get to 5'5 - my builder is a bit concerned about the angle but I want to enjoy the float! He mistakenly put the Inline chlorinator in so in the contract - its updated. We also have added in handrails on both of the stairs. I'll ask how deep the sundeck to coping is - you're right another step might be helpful.

CTXv2_1.jpgCTXv2_2.jpgCTXv2_4.jpgCTXv2_3.jpgCTXv2_5.jpg

Attachments

• CTX Pool Contract (1).pdf
    998.3 KB · Views: 13
With regard to payments, the final 10% is due at time of plaster. There is work to be done after this, especially the punch list so if you could hold that 10% till after completion rather than at time of plaster, it would give you some leverage that all is done to your satisfaction. It is a sellers market, we have seen (on other constructions posted on the forum) some builders be reasonable and some not. Try to have a sit down F2F to explain your position.

What did you builder quote you on build timeline? Here in the DFW you looking 7-9 months from contract signing. Some recent build posted here have been going close to a year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ask the builder how much the sprinkler re-route is You may be able to do it yourself or pay someone else to do it for cheaper.. My builder was Charing just a flat 2000.00 for that.. I only needed to re-route 1 zone and can be done cheaper than their flat rate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.