New build: need opinions on options we chose

kwoo2002

May 11, 2020
Cincinnati
Well, we took the plunge (get it?) today! Signed a contract. We signed in the PB's office, so it's contigent on our site survey on June 9th. Our backyard is not a perfect pool yard, so I'm cautiosuly optimistic that we'll be a go still after they look at our property. Here is what we put into contract. Let me know if there is something you think we are missing or should be doing different. Our goal was to try to do some stuff up front that we really wanted and other things we may want to upgrade later.

18x36 rectangle
Premier Courtstone/Natural Grey 27 mil liner
8' steel step
1 color changing Intellibrite LED
6' SR Smith Flyte-deck diving board
Mesh cover & solar cover
Dolphin S-200
Intellichor salt system
Pentair SD-80 sand filter
Rheem Heat pump
Pentair 1HP pump

Kristin

Kristin,

I suggest that you look at a Variable Speed or 2-speed pump... This is because you have a SWCG and will have to run the pump for a longer time to generate the chlorine your pool will need.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Jim. I appreciate it. Can you explain further so I sound like I know what I'm talking about when I ask my PB. The lady we were working with seemed to down anytime I asked about anything more than basic equipment. Tell me what that means and I'll look into it with them. Also, I'm looking at the Pentair brochure she gave me and it has the different pumps listed. I see a Pentair HP 1 that is single speed and one that is 2 speed. I'm not sure which ours is. Would I just tell her I want a HP 1 two speed?

Kristin

Kristin,

I suggest that you look at a Variable Speed or 2-speed pump... This is because you have a SWCG and will have to run the pump for a longer time to generate the chlorine your pool will need.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.