New Build in West Houston Area - PB

Does that finish everything for the pool it's self? Do you take them out when you have guest over that just want to swim in the pretty pool?

Sorry to hear you are still having to have the house worked on :( Is the end in sight?

Kim:kim:

Yeah - inside the coping - work is pretty much done. Water is a little chilly for swimming @ around 45 degrees... so the lines stay in for now. I was going to try out a wetsuit from Christmas to see if it works at those low temperatures for swimming laps...

House is moving along slowly - using this “opportunity” to make some changes we wanted to do “some day” while it’s torn to shreds - but once that is all figured out, things should speed up substantially.

At least there is a silver lining in your cloud but it still hurts I am sure :hug:

Wetsuit-the getting into the water is what hurts.......once in the water things get better as your body warms up the water inside the suit.

Congratulations on your progress! Thank you for the update! I have full confidence that you two will achieve your renovation and rebuilding victory and that this storm struggle will yield to your beautiful beginning of the next chapter in your life. As always, any pool questions, we're here! Wetsuit winter pool swimming is indeed great fun; enjoy!

Oh so sad to see the destruction Harvey had but you did a great job getting everything fixed and back to normal.

:shock: on the person jumping off the roof! Who was that??? I wondered how long it would be before someone would do it LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Smart move but has to be a trying time as well. Do you have a full kitchen set up?

Ha! Depends on what you mean by “full”.... Behold - the Houston style Kitchen-in-a-Corner!
715a9d65a23c13b9784d7dac2276449c.jpg

Got everything you need--------------more that one jar of Nutella!!! As much as I love to eat out there are many times it is nice to be able to eat at home as well.

At least y'all have found a way to be "home". Any time line for the bottom of the house to be ready? Are they working on one room (Kitchen I would think if yes) to get it ready or are they working one trade at a time-drywall, flooring, ect.?

Got everything you need--------------more that one jar of Nutella!!! As much as I love to eat out there are many times it is nice to be able to eat at home as well.

At least y'all have found a way to be "home". Any time line for the bottom of the house to be ready? Are they working on one room (Kitchen I would think if yes) to get it ready or are they working one trade at a time-drywall, flooring, ect.?

Working on cabinet order. Hopefully mid-summer time-frame to move back downstairs. Labor is relatively tight - with some contractors charging 3x to 8x what they normally would due to demand - so we aren’t in the biggest rush to be at the front of the line.

Good plan for sure! 3-8x regular?? OUCH!

A good chunk of that is likely GC markup - one of my co-workers was charged $30k for repainting 1st floor... which is, needless to say, Bonkers. Some neighbors paid $5-$6 a board-foot for Sheetrock, tape & float. (About 4x normal cost). Being flexible on time seems to get better pricing though. I’m definitely still paying a premium to normal market conditions but that is expected given the wide spread destruction across the city.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.