New build in Spring, TX.

It's coming along. Those neighbors behind you are going to be a bit jealous this summer. :swim:

HAHA maybe so...but they are nice. They will be invited over plenty of times. At our old house, our neighbor had the bigger backyard and I always offered if he pays for the pool in his backyard, I'll cover the cost of the gate that goes from our yard to his lol. Now the joke is on me.

Jan. 28th - Dig
Jan. 29th - Steel and plumbing "stub-out"
Jan. 30th - Gunite and “DONT TOUCH THE POOL KIDS!”
Jan. 31st - early clean up, you can touch it now, began digging and laying some pipe
Feb. 1st - Plumbing, gas lines, conduit
Feb. 3rd - Most boring Super Bowl ever, glad I was working.
Feb. 4th - 6th - Coping/Stone/Tile

The Stoners completed their art yesterday and we couldn't be happier. Enrique, Jesus and Luis did an amazing job and worked at the just the right pace. They never rushed but never sat around. They used the level on EVERYTHING (as any PB should) and would always talk to me and the family when we went out there to "help". Blaise (3-year-old) has began to bring them cold water, sometimes too often but they get it. He has also began picking up trash. He's taking over the only jobs I'm allowing myself to do right now but that's ok. It felt good to see him doing that without me telling him to. Now if he could only clean up after his own messes and make his own water.....:LOL:. They will return in a couple of weeks after the pool is done with a pallet of rocks for a jumping rock in the deep end.

Couldn't do any work today because of the rain and cold-front. I don't blame them. We fall apart here in Texas when it gets below 50 F. They will work on some electrical stuff tomorrow and maybe over the weekend and then deck next week (supposed to have been today/tomorrow)

Still figuring out which WetEdge pebble we are going to choose...

The rain came and washed away some of the dust and the colors are looking just how we wanted them. The pictures are from before the rain and before the caulked/grouted everything they needed to.

Attachments

• IMG_7088.jpg
    IMG_7088.jpg
    713.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7089.jpg
    IMG_7089.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_7090.jpg
    IMG_7090.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7091.jpg
    IMG_7091.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_7092.jpg
    IMG_7092.jpg
    459.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_7093.jpg
    IMG_7093.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 85
I am in love with the colors in the stacked stone. SO pretty! That waterline tile is going to really pop when you have water in the pool and the sun is shining. It is already BLINGING out!

Love it when people understand about littles and their ways. Glad to hear Blaise is earning his keep outside. Good luck getting him to earn it inside LOL

Kim:kim:

Reactions: galowbraw
I feel like I've seen this on first fills...what's the thinking behind filling hot tub last? I'll do a quick search to try and read up on it, but having the answer on this thread when referencing my build to anyone would be sweet.

I understand the sock or cloth on the end of the hose method in the deepest end to avoid streaking (is that the entire fill or just beginning?) Will be filling in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks everyone!

I feel like I've seen this on first fills...what's the thinking behind filling hot tub last? I'll do a quick search to try and read up on it, but having the answer on this thread when referencing my build to anyone would be sweet.
!

Because as the hot tub spills over the water can mar the new surface going down in to the empty pool.

Maddie :flower:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Fill spa last as you do NOT want take a change of it overfilling and the water running down the pool plaster and causing it to streak. Now IF you are 100% sure you will be there for when the spa water hits the fill spot in the spa so you can take the hose out and move it to the pool you can. You know you............will you remember? Will you be there?

Do NOT stop the flow of water in the pool or spa before it hits the water line tile. If you do it can cause a ring in the plaster that is almost impossible to remove :(

I would leave the sock on as it acts as a filter. You many be surprised what it looks like when you go take it off

Good looking pool! We are here in Spring, TX too about to start our build. Do you happen to know the name of the 1x1 tile around the spa that you used? What about the waterline tile?

Congrats! We are in Imperial Oaks. Tiles are from QDI down Rayford (through out Pool Builder). They have a showroom there anyone can walk in and view.

1x1's : They don't have it on their website, but it's on display there and has a number of "IC-06 Glass Mosaic" which is pretty broad/basic.

4x4: I feel like the word "canvas" is in the name. Also couldn't find on the website...

Pretty bad help from me haha. Go look at their showroom to help with any anxiety and eagerness. Open on weekends too I think.

IMG_7086.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7086.jpg
    IMG_7086.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 1
Congrats! We are in Imperial Oaks. Tiles are from QDI down Rayford (through out Pool Builder). They have a showroom there anyone can walk in and view.

1x1's : They don't have it on their website, but it's on display there and has a number of "IC-06 Glass Mosaic" which is pretty broad/basic.

4x4: I feel like the word "canvas" is in the name. Also couldn't find on the website...

Pretty bad help from me haha. Go look at their showroom to help with any anxiety and eagerness. Open on weekends too I think.

Perfect, thank you! My builder uses QDI so that works out great.

We are just down the road from you in Harmony. Good luck with the rest of your build, I look forward to seeing the finished product.

It feels like it has been a while since last update but really it was just the weekend...

Jan. 28th - Dig
Jan. 29th - Steel and plumbing "stub-out"
Jan. 30th - Gunite and “DONT TOUCH THE POOL KIDS!”
Jan. 31st - early clean up, you can touch it now, began digging and laying some pipe
Feb. 1st - Plumbing, gas lines, conduit
Feb. 3rd - Most boring Super Bowl ever, glad I was working.
Feb. 4th - 6th - Coping/Stone/Tile
Feb. 12th - 13th - Clean-up/Deck-Prep

More pavers have been removed to install drain and correct slope for proper drainage.

They will pour concrete this Saturday pending any weather or scheduling set-backs with the concrete guys. You can see in some of the images around the deck there are spots that are a little lower where it will transition from spray-deck to pavers. It's kind of hard to explain here but if you look at the hand-drawn picture attached, you'll get the idea.

PB's default was 3 feet of deck all around the pool but once it was laid out, and per all of your testimonies on here, we wanted a little more around the sun-shelf now rather than shoot ourselves in the foot later on down the road. We will have a ton of pavers left over from this and can grow the deck out as big as we wanted but we'd rather have the pros do it now that we are paying. Also, getting 2.5 feet added to our driveway so we aren't walking in the grass every time we get in and out of cars.

PB wanted to pebble finish Monday but I'll be at work all week and off on Friday. So hoping for good weather next Friday!

IMG_0118.JPG

Heeeey and another reason to stay on top of the subs while they are there and pay attention to what they're doing when you can. The irrigation line has a separate valve at the street other than the house and water hose water so it's been off since December for cold weather and from the dig when we knew we'd hit some lines. Out of pure luck, and excellent timing, I was leak-testing the parts of the irrigation that I had to fix today. Sure enough they deck-guys hit the main water line for irrigation with a shovel while they were digging to add the channel-drain you can see in some of today's pictures. Water came leaking out and we turned the yard-water off instantly. This could have easily gotten over-looked by them since we've had some rain and it didn't look like much. They did a good job of paying attention and recognizing the problem rather than working too fast and moving on. Luckily, these guys are younger and take a lot of breaks and check their phones :laughblue:.

IF the water had been off we would have never known this happened and they would have poured concrete over it. We would have turned the irrigation water back on in a month to start watering the yard and water would be running under the deck at all times since it was the main line! We got lucky again on this one. I'll fix it tomorrow and turn the water on everywhere to check again before they pour!

Attachments

• IMG_0114.JPG
    IMG_0114.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0115.JPG
    IMG_0115.JPG
    518.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0116.JPG
    IMG_0116.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    496.5 KB · Views: 50
  • plan.jpg
    plan.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 50
You are one unlucky, lucky person! That is unreal you dodged another bullet! WELL DONE!

That pics of the littles helping is SO cute!!

All they want to do is be outside and "help". They just pile up the dirty shoes and at the end of the week we wash them. Ashley is ready for the deck to be here and majority of the mud be gone for sure for this reason specifically...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.