New Build In Sanger, TX

Pool finish happening today. In the meantime, I've been working on the inside. Finished walls and back splash tile.

Clean-up guy had to remove a good amount of ice.
2018-01-06_10-05-02_615.jpg

TV mounted. Next step will be to build a cabinet around it.
2017-12-29_14-38-49_858.jpg

Back splash tile. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. It's a 4" by 24" travertine.
2018-01-07_19-32-56_150.jpg

Beautiful! And that's a TV. Many go too small for my taste.

Plaster is in. Acid wash tomorrow and then begin filling with water. 28,000 gallons.

I find it hard to believe anyone would overlook the direction to not stop the water. These guys must have told me 10 time, once the water starts, don't stop it until it is mid way up the waterline tile.

Drain lids. Nice touch.
IMG_0008.jpg

They said the acid wash would darken it up a bit and make it more consistent.
IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Looks good! I'm jealous cause all we need is plaster but the company won't do it until the temp is above 45 for at least 24 hours. So far it's looking like the only chance for that is doing it Thursday but then of course it's supposed to rain and get really cold again. Crazy TX weather!

Looks good! I'm jealous cause all we need is plaster but the company won't do it until the temp is above 45 for at least 24 hours. So far it's looking like the only chance for that is doing it Thursday but then of course it's supposed to rain and get really cold again. Crazy TX weather!

That's the thing here in the winter. You have to be patient with the weather. It will tease you with a day or so of nice weather followed by cold.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Everything looks amazing. I bet Joy can't wait to start cooking out in her kitchen :) As an FYI, Kim Kats volunteered Strawberry Pie the last time she was going to do a pool crawl and visit all the TX pools - I told her to stop by Sanger so she can do a two for 1. I'll have to come over and take a look in person one of these days. - Karen

Everything looks amazing. I bet Joy can't wait to start cooking out in her kitchen :) As an FYI, Kim Kats volunteered Strawberry Pie the last time she was going to do a pool crawl and visit all the TX pools - I told her to stop by Sanger so she can do a two for 1. I'll have to come over and take a look in person one of these days. - Karen

Thanks Karen. We start cooking tomorrow. Our son is home tomorrow on leave from the Navy and we will be having a get together. The grill & newly installed griddle will get good use tomorrow.

Your pool is looking great too. It’s coming right along. Seems like it’s going better than the last one.

Well, the pool is officially mine now. I got my 30 days of pool service and they are done.

The cleaning company has been fighting high PH the entire time. The last two trips, he has added 3 gallons of muratic acid to try and lower the PH. I verified the high PH with my kit.

I've been busy working on the items I signed up for. Outdoor shower is complete. Light over pool equipment is complete. Electrical in the storage room and bathroom will be complete this week. One wall of sheetrock installed. I have a motivation problem when it's cold outside.

We did get our sign hung a couple weeks ago when we had a family gathering.

2018-01-21_07-59-37_636.jpg

That is great! LOVE the sign!!

One day I will do my pool crawl! Strawberry Pie for all!!! I will never want to a place to stay that is for sure!

What is your TA? In fact post up your full set of numbers so we can look them over please.

Kim:kim:

man that whole project turned out great! congrats!

I've been fighting pH creeping up on mine too, even with moderate TA levels. I attribute it to the new curing plaster and a spa overflow that trickles all the time. Let us know if you come up with a solution for yours, however I suspect it will take some time to settle in.

Take care and again, great job!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.