New build in NW Austin suburb - plaster!

We picked waterline tile today! And switched plaster to Stonescapes mini in Tahoe (stock picture of water color). Doing a dark flagstone coping with oranges, rusts, and greys. We’ll pick kooldeck coating color for decking in a couple weeks, but thinking a tan or medium brown so we’re not blinded looking out at it in the sun! We’re doing step and bench markers with the tile also, but thinking about asking if we can also do the spillover with it instead of flagstone to make it more eye catching. I’m guessing there will be a lot of jumping off that spa edge into the deepest part of the pool though.... so don’t want to make it slippery. D2CA32D4-2C98-4034-942C-5E21F2EB240C.jpegA5723D63-BA3F-492F-BA07-05C01148E261.jpeg9B22C075-F9D6-43AD-8E47-21040F74D440.jpeg

Lots of construction delays here, but we’re getting close now that the first cold front is expected this week! We still need cool deck applied, electric and gas hookups, plaster, and landscaping finished. I have a guest room full of patio furniture to put together. We’re loving the feel of the outside space though! I was concerned it would be too much concrete out there, but it’s all practical useable space and seems proportionate to pool area now. 259C20B1-E458-4843-AB06-22DEF98AF1C7.jpeg77D40F5E-FA11-4784-A5A0-02FB52CF4132.jpeg159C7FD9-1EBE-4DC8-B3EF-DF4B08178A9D.jpeg7C8B0E24-857D-46F0-A55E-69C835A0E187.jpeg33A3A738-FC1A-480A-9566-8BF5F6766928.jpeg

Last edited:
I envy you not having backyard neighbors! We have a pool behind us and one alongside. Love your open area back there. I bet it's peaceful. Such a gorgeous setting and a lovely pool!
Yes, we love the quietness of it too! It wasn’t something we were looking for in a lot initially, but now we’re spoiled and wouldn’t have it any other way!

It’s plaster day!! Doing Stonescapes tahoe blue mini pebble with some dark blue glass mixed in. The installer just let me know they had some iridescent glass leftover from another job that they can use instead without any up charge - yay!! I love sparkly things!!
3D2C150E-B267-400D-A256-FB4DA17B8E18.jpeg98638454-FF5E-4FFE-87E0-ADD3C0912B72.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOVE the addition of the BLING!!!

Here is your next job for your build.............Run out and put a a sock on the end of your hoses. This will help filter the water and keep the metal end of the hose off your pretty, new plaster!

When the water is started make sure the hose end is at the lowest part of the pool. This will keep the water flow from causing a channel in the new plaster.

Once the water flow is started do NOT stop it!! Doing so can cause a ring in the plaster :(

Reactions: Soggydoggies
Starting fill and LOVE the sparkly water!! And the color. I know it will change a lot with depth, chems, and plaster dust washed off but I like it already. The math says it will be late Monday night before before it’s full, then builder says five days to balance chems before we can swim.... it’s oh so tempting since it’s 90 the next couple days here!

2BA9CFB7-58B9-424E-B454-3049CCB57CC2.jpeg7E0856F3-70F6-49F5-934E-2F4742D1D3C0.png

LOVE the addition of the BLING!!!

Here is your next job for your build.............Run out and put a a sock on the end of your hoses. This will help filter the water and keep the metal end of the hose off your pretty, new plaster!

When the water is started make sure the hose end is at the lowest part of the pool. This will keep the water flow from causing a channel in the new plaster.

Once the water flow is started do NOT stop it!! Doing so can cause a ring in the plaster :(
Kim I was working this morning when they started fill with the hoses not covered! I asked the builder if I could hop in there and put a sock on them but he wasn’t thrilled with the idea. He thinks they won’t scratch, but I think I will try to use the long brush pole to lift it out so they don’t drag along the bottom.

At this point I would leave them alone and make sure no one moves the hoses to avoid any chance of them dragging on the bottom.

Just in case you don't know your water may have a slight green tint in the very beginning. That is very normal. As you stated the color will really show through as the water is balanced and the plaster cures. it sure DOES look good now!

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Soggydoggies
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.