New Build in Myrtle Beach

Finally after 2 weeks of being rained out we are moving forward. Pavers are done and the first coat of plaster is on. A bit of advice, do not use sand if you have large grout line on your pavers. It is a mess. We need to go back now, clear out all of the sand and use polymetric sand instead. Live and learn I guess.

10-2-1_zpsb11d8dcd.jpg

10-2-6_zpsf199ad46.jpg

10-2-4_zpsc98b29d0.jpg

10-2-2_zps81650b15.jpg

10-2-3_zps44f22673.jpg

10-2-5_zpsd019e6ff.jpg

10-2-7_zpsa4da5690.jpg

Plaster crew is gone and we are filling with water now. Landscaper will be here tomorrow to start the curbs, wall planters, and recessed kitchen area. I and I hope the weather holds here so we can keep moving forwards and get some use out of this pool before the real fall weather gets here.

Even though I know you said you had issues w/ the sand and the pavers - the pavers look great (the color, the pattern, the texture) - very nice choice. I CANNOT believe you are filling with water!! So jealous :) - Karen

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The pavers are great. Different than what most builders use down here. Almost everyone uses Belgard products, they are the biggest distributor in the area. I found these pavers, Techo Bloc while searching online. They are based out of PA so it took a little to coordinate getting the product, but they are really nice, and well constructed. The style, slate aged, really gives them a nice tumbled look. Then then color difference between them being wet and dry are nice too. I would reccomend them to anyone looking for pavers. While trying to make color selection I had the rep for the company come to the house, he found samples to bring with him, and was great to work with. Would have been better if I could have bought direct though to cut on cost. Techo makes some really cool products for pavers, retaining walls, outdoor kitchens, and curbing. Their website is nice, a bit difficult to navigate, but some great product out there. Worth the money to have something a little different compared to the same old same old that every other pool has.

Hi. First of all, want to say how great the build looks. Love the pool shape and features. The pavers are a great choice, Techo Bloc is common up in the NorthEast and it's a great product. Hopefully they can get that sand out of there so you can install polymeric sand. If poly is done right, it will create a cement like bond with your pavers, no weeds will ever come up and water will run right off, amazing stuff. The actual pool build clearly looks like your PB takes pride in his work and knows what he's doing. Nice to see a build that didnt look like a war zone! I know I speak for everyone else when I say can't wait to see pics of the finished product!

Running behind in updates. Final gates went up today and landscaping is 95% done. If we actually have a sunny day I will post pics tomorrow. It has been a process. Not to all. Expect to be 20% over budget, even with good planning. Once the project started, it was lets add this, lets add that. Plus all the damage/rebuild of the irrigation was costly, expected, but not THAT expected.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.