New Build in Myrtle Beach

Jul 16, 2014
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey guys. Been reading a lot over the past few months and we have decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on a pool. We broke ground yesterday and it is moving along fairly well. Biggest surprise so far is we did no hit any ground water. We sit very close to the water table hear at the beach. We decided to go with:

Freeform 120 Linear feet gunite pool with a tanning shelf
Wet Edge Satin Matrix North Shore Carribean Finish
NPT Jules Series Rustic Blue Blend
2 Jandy Pro Series Color LED Light
Pump: Jandy e-Pump 2.0 JEP
Filter: 3-Jandy CV 580 Cartridge
Sanitation – Ei 1400 Salt System
Cleaner - Zodiac MX8
Jandy JEP-R ePump Digital Variable Speed Pool/Spa Pump Remote Control

Approximately 1000 sq ft of Techo-Bloc Blu 60mm Pavers in Harvest Gold
Techo-Bloc Bullnose in Harvest Gold

Day Two and the plumbing is being done and pool fencing already installed except for the access way for equipment.

I will continue to post photos as we go along.

Hopefully a we will meet the 4-5 week finish date.

IMG_0635_zps6b53e079.jpg

IMG_0639_zpsded89ccc.jpg

IMG_0641_zpsdb0663ed.jpg

I like the shape also ... we were big on curves in our design for pool and gardens.

Those forms look top shelf ... it'll almost be a shame to see them broken up (I'm a woodworker).

I've seen people build decks with worse foundations than your temp form!:) Looks like a quality build in the works.

Thanks for the positive input. Builder had very good references. I just can't wait to see how the finished product turns out. He has never used the Techo-Bloc pavers and we were all over the place with color choice and patterns. We went real basic. I will keep the pictures coming. The shell should be shot next Tuesday.

We are keeping the soil. We are using it to raise the surround grounds where the pavers are going. The backyard is on a small slope heading away from the pool. We will use the dirt to finish off the grade and ensure all rain water runs the direction we want. We have already run hard pipe to all down spout of the gutters to control that rain water. Attached is a you tube link of the proposed finished project. We have cut down the paver deck, we do not need as much of the retaining wall as we originally estimated, and we have eliminated the outdoor kitchen bar area this year. Also we have expanded the fencing so the dog has more room. We just finished the house reno and it went way over budget, so we had to cut cost on the pool. Back porch turned out great though. It is 20x24 fully screened with a gas fireplace, 50" tv on the wall, 5.1 surround in the ceiling with zone 2 and 3 going to the pool area. Attached are some photos of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPaIJGDbIb4

Day 3 is over, most of the rebar is in. Plumbing and electrical should start tomorrow.

Interior-1_zps50b28e18.jpg

Interior-2_zpsf666a524.jpg

Day-3-3_zps28adbc03.jpg

Day-3-1_zps04dc1c55.jpg

Day-3-2_zps4087f5ec.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I can supply any information about the products on the screen porch if anyone is interested. I sourced it all myself.

That pool is a work of art so far! Talk about neat. And beautiful porch...love the design.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.